The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Haha yes, but ... like Web of Wyrd's vocalist is fucking abysmal yet because it fits the music I'll listen to them. Despised Icon's vocalist gets annoying sometimes, fits the music but gets annoying, but since I like the music I listen beyond the vocals, etc.

so you would listen to judas priest if they had a mediocre vocalist??

Yes, because the music is damned good enough. If Judas Priest were to hire say - Scott Stapp (Gods forbid this from happening because I would :lol: my ass to death - and they kept the same quality of music up as they have in the past (ignoring their most recent mediocre fest) then yes I would listen to them. Halford's vocals never "wowed" me, I always just loved the guitars and that stuff.

yea I am totally different in that regard

opeth, symphony x, pagan's mind, judas priest - replace any of these bands with shitty vocalists and the quality of the music goes considerably down

Agreed. Just look at JP without Halford.

Fuck, look at them WITH Halford now. Shit.

Fucking hate when people blame Owens (who is by the way currently superior to Halford, not Halford in his prime or anything but ... currently) for ruining Priest when it was OBVIOUSLY the fucking music being changed. Owens had nothing to do with the band playing mediocre music.

Hmmm, vocals can ruin a band for me, I prefer either

1. Harsh Vocals (Metalcore style / Kalmah/myGRAIn style)
or
2. High Pitched (Illnath / Graveworm / Stormlord) << Favorite

Any other style ruins the songs for me. That's just the way I am :)

Quo Vadis' second album has to have some of the worst vocals I've heard, the vocalist sounds like Ren from Ren and Stimpy. The only reason why I listen to that album is for the guitars. I'm really glad they switched vocalists for their third album.

Quo Vadis' second album has to have some of the worst vocals I've heard, the vocalist sounds like Ren from Ren and Stimpy. The only reason why I listen to that album is for the guitars. I'm really glad they switched vocalists for their third album.

it didn't bother me

I don't listen to the 3rd album much anymore as the drums are wayyyyyyyyyyyy too loud in the mix and it is almost painful to listen to

1st 1 is fuckin awesome, 2nd one is also very good

Well, my opinion is that Mercyful Fate is one of the greatest bands of all time.

np:Mercyful Fate-Burning The Cross

:kickass:

Hellwitch is one of the greatest Death/Thrash bands I have ever heard. Not better than Massacra though.

Uncanny - Splenium For Nyktophobia is one of the most perfect old school death metal albums I have ever heard. Criminally underrated Swedish Death that is reminiscint of other Swedish counterparts; particularly Seance and Carnage. Reminds me a little of Demigod as well.