The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I just finished listening to the album Superior Massacre by Myrkskog. I must say I was very impressed, being a Zyklon fan. The album reminded me of World ov Worms, a great work of BM-influenced death metal.

I just finished listening to the album Superior Massacre by Myrkskog. I must say I was very impressed, being a Zyklon fan. The album reminded me of World ov Worms, a great work of BM-influenced death metal.

Well, I'm not a HUGE fan, but they're a very steady "stalwart" kind of band. Very workman-like BM stuff...never really changes, but that implies never getting bad...so...yeah!

What do you all think of Nocturnus - Ethereal Tomb

People and reviews say it is a major let down in the shadow of Thresholds, but i like it for what it is.

It comes across as a really cruisy "intergalactic" ride, perfect when your in a casual mood but still wanting a death metal vibe cleansing your brain. A relaxing choice within the death metal genre, without the need for outside influences to provide the tranquillity.

What do you all think of Nocturnus - Ethereal Tomb

People and reviews say it is a major let down in the shadow of Thresholds, but i like it for what it is.

It comes across as a really cruisy "intergalactic" ride, perfect when your in a casual mood but still wanting a death metal vibe cleansing your brain. A relaxing choice within the death metal genre, without the need for outside influences to provide the tranquillity.

I actually am planning on purchasing it maybe...thanks!

I actually am planning on purchasing it maybe...thanks!

Well yes, taking my interpretation into account i don't think you will be dissapointed, but it's no essential classic.

I got it from Seasons of Mist for about AU$20 with shipping, so it's pretty good price.

Danzig1 kicks some major ass, i didn't know MOTHER was danzig when i heard it on GTA, his voice sounds lazy with might :lol: :headbang:

Nocturnus: Thresholds and They Key are both significantly better than Ethereal Tomb, IMO.

For some reason, I never really got into Danzig, though I don't mind them. Maybe I haven't heard enough from them.

I remember Nocturnus-Ethereal Tomb being good, just a lot slower than the older albums and a lot more expirimental.

Does anyone here like Absu-tara ?, this is my first Absu and it is great and very aggressive. I say it's thrash meets black metal. Proscriptor and Shaftiel are fucking insane.

Few years late eh?

ha yeah. I heard about them a few years ago and could not find their older albums for decent prices then giving up because they just seemed so fucking rare. I recently got this osmose production DVD which has 2 videos from them, one being for the song 'Mannannan'. I said fuck it I am getting the album with that song no matter what and now am hooked.