The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I usually hate remasters and think they sound ugly...

The new Dodsferd, Fucking Your Creation, is evil/good-time black/punk stuff! Holy crap!

There are some remasteres that I think suck.

Adramelech-Psychostasia remaster on Blackened with crappy layout. Original version on repulse has much better sound and it's actually very noticible. Once getting the original sold the reissue.

Tiamat-Sumerian Cry remaster on Blackened without original cover art and crappy layout. The last song on the album is very loud compared to the rest of the cd.

I hate when labels reissue shit poorly. Maybe I am just to picky, oh well.

I think I am too...my pet peeve is extra tracks that fucking suck.

Exactly.

Throwing shitty sounding live tracks and rehearsals on the end of a cd is fucking stupid. 15 tracks does not make me want the cd anymore than originally.

Exactly, Greys. Thank you. Like my friend Ron at RRRecords says; "There's a reason those tracks weren't on anything originally released..."

Century Media just reissued a bunch of older death metal albums and actually almost did a perfect job until throwing live tracks at the end that are already on the album. After listening to the cd why would someone want too listen to the same tracks again of bootleg recordings. A DVD would atleast make sense.

I just want the 8,9 songs. end

:mad:

Some labels reissue 2 albums on one or add an e.p and then fuck up the cover art by showing small versions of the cover art on the cd with the titles. I honestly get really annoyed. I have some Grave reissues and others like that.

Roadrunner Reissues for example are ridiculous that someone would not mind forking over 30 dollars to get the originals.

megadeth - rust in peace is probably the best remastering job ever

perfect production/mixing

To bad Dave Mustaine sounds like Donald Duck. I remember someone here saying dave sounds like donald duck getting fucked by a christmass tree and I was thinking that's dead on. :lol:

Century Media just reissued a bunch of older death metal albums and actually almost did a perfect job until throwing live tracks at the end that are already on the album. After listening to the cd why would someone want too listen to the same tracks again of bootleg recordings. A DVD would atleast make sense.

I just want the 8,9 songs. end

:mad:

I get sick of hearing this argument - if you don't want to hear the bonus tracks, then just end the CD when the old stuff ends. TBH, given that 50% of my purchases are me re-buying old tape and vinyll stuff, I'm glad of bonus stuff. Sure, so there might be bonus stuff of questionable quality, but it's rarely anything less than interesting. Maybe they should issue seperate discs of the bonus material to keep the whiners happy ? That would cater to both worlds.

My Sabbat - Dreamweaver re-issue finally arrived, and as I've been listening to crap MP3s for some time (I have the original on tape, which may well be ebay bound now), it's nice to have some bonus live material on the end - a pleasant bonus indeed.