The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I didn't particularly care for Tara.It's ok, but has never really grown on me into something interesting. The songs lack variety and the whole album feels monotonous. It was praised by many as the band's best effort so I decided to skip Absu altogether.

What do you all think of Nocturnus - Ethereal Tomb

People and reviews say it is a major let down in the shadow of Thresholds, but i like it for what it is.

It comes across as a really cruisy "intergalactic" ride, perfect when your in a casual mood but still wanting a death metal vibe cleansing your brain. A relaxing choice within the death metal genre, without the need for outside influences to provide the tranquillity.

I rather like it, though I haven't given it too many listens. I agree with your perception about it, it isn't too invasive and has a surreal feeling about it with the keyboards and lyrical focus.

Nocturnus: Thresholds and They Key are both significantly better than Ethereal Tomb, IMO.

For some reason, I never really got into Danzig, though I don't mind them. Maybe I haven't heard enough from them.

I agree with you, but ethereal is still well worth a listen.

Death Delirium* i have absu-tara on the way with sentenced, i too knew of it a while ago, tried buying it but it was out of stock, which i found out after they sent me all the other cds i ordered :mad:

The first thing that striked me was the drumming, and then praise the devils semen there is some great guitar swimming amongst the hell sperm penetrating mother natures ovulated egg :headbang: :ill: :zombie:

Don't matter...it's 5 bucks.

Tara rocks; great disc. Stone Of Destiny is one of the coolest songs ever.

I have not heard it enough where I am that particular with songs, but Manannan sticks out and is cool. I remember when first seeing the video and did not realize Proscriptor is in the video twice :lol:. I just find the funny because he's a lead vocalist/drummer, but in the video he's lead vocalist and also lead vocalist/drummer and I thought the band had a vocalist and a backing vocalist/drummer until realizing the band is a 3 piece. I wonder how it goes over live being a lead vocalist and also a drummer because he's pretty insane. Shaftiel does vocals also and the video makes them appear like the entire band has schizophrenia.

u bastards and your cheap ass finds
i may aswell sell all my money to make up for the money i didn't save.

Does anyone here like Absu-tara ?, this is my first Absu and it is great and very aggressive. I say it's thrash meets black metal. Proscriptor and Shaftiel are fucking insane.

I listened to it and realized it would be something that would grow on me eventually... But I couldn't be bothered being patient with it. lolol :p

I am not liking dark angel - darkness descends at all, shitty songwriting with weak vocals

I guess it's supposed to be some "brutal" thrash, but compared to a band like slayer or exhorder (two of the heaviest thrash bands I know) they suck

It's not about heavyness, it's about the "DARKNESS" this albums atmosphere creates. It is almost as dark as some oldschool death metal, but it is definetly thrash.

I am not liking dark angel - darkness descends at all, shitty songwriting with weak vocals

I guess it's supposed to be some "brutal" thrash, but compared to a band like slayer or exhorder (two of the heaviest thrash bands I know) they suck

Thrash is suppose to be aggressive and fast and Darkness Descends is easily one of the best thrash albums because it's just thrashing crazyness and trully represents the term imo. Exhorder 'slaughter in the vatican' is also probably one of the best thrash albums and thrashes hard. I would give darkness descends another listen.

Compared to Slayer, Darkness Descends is the fuckin' second coming.

ha

show no mercy, haunting the chapel and hell awaits are classic imo. I would rather listen too Kreator-pleasure to kill regardless which is the best thrash album I have heard so far.

Listen to Dark Angel-Time Does Not Heal. Much more down your alley, better production, great riffs galore, better vocals.

Metal is about atmosphere, a lot of the time...

Also, Darkness Descends fucking rules, but the production did age badly.

I think their is a remastered version but who knows how much different it sounds than the original.