The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I don't get you ohiogrinder. You are a huge grindcore fan yet you seem to have a strong dislike of brutal death metal or death/grind

no, I like some brutal death and death/grind. I just get sick of people on here talking about those genres solely all the time. there is more to grind than just death/grind, y'know.

I do like bands like General Surgery, Last Days Of Humanity, Severed Savior, Deeds Of Flesh and whatnot. but I also like crusty grind, noisecore and powerviolence as well.

dude the new england metal fest has gone downhill for sure in the last 4-5 years. i remember seeing dimmu and meshuggah and in flames (before rtr was released) and arch enemy when WOS was just released way back and it was fucking awesome.

now its all just hardcore bands playing....

Evoking the Abomination - Abhorrence, some other brazillian death metal bands that need to be mentioned besides krisiun/Rebaelliun?

Again, I gotta stop cos there are obviously many more.
In DM, I've always been a far greater fan of the American scene than I've ever been of the European (i.e, the predominantly Swedish style and sound). Florida and NYDM are what I have forever loved and enjoyed most. I basically don't like progressive/melodic metal much at all. The Swedish style just doesn't thrill me much and actually bores me quite a bit. Besides, in DM, I realize how over the last few years, I've even strongly gravitated toward the Brutal/Tech death style which gives me a tremendous buzz. To cite as evidence; Suffocation have long been one of my greatest DM heroes. I'd recommend any newbie extreme metal fan to discover and sample for themselves albums by any of the bands I've mentioned above. They all play some of the greatest music my ears have heard so far.
Good taste!

During the Dimmu show I shouted at Vortex that Quintessence was the greatest album ever written, he responded "That's right!"
Cool!

my god I am mesmerized by control denied "fragile art of existence" more and more that I listen to it. Soaring vocals, unreal bass lines, so much emotion yet so techy/proggy. It is progressive metal perfection on every level.

Dude, sometimes it's enough to write "I like this CD". You don't have to masturbate over everything you like and say it's perfect because it's probably not, and you'll probably hate it next week anyway.

Dude, sometimes it's enough to write "I like this CD". You don't have to masturbate over everything you like and say it's perfect because it's probably not, and you'll probably hate it next week anyway.

I don't do it all that often considering how many different albums in several different genres that I listen to everyday. But this album it is truly mesmerizing, every second is just a rush of nearly orgasmic pleasure. :lol: :lol:

Steve digiorgio :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Hey all, we are going to close this particular thread since it seems to be pretty much redundant, a "talk about the music you like" in the "general metal forum" - which is what the forum is all about in the first place. I'll leave it open until the end of the day for replies.

The point of this thread is to eliminate the 5 different threads expressing how "super awesome" Nevermore is, the 4 threads telling us how "mindfuckingly brilliant" Gorguts is, and the 149 threads lets us all know that "Amon Amarth rules." This thread is actually here to ELIMINATE redundancy in the main forum.

Threads that simply say something like "Nevermore OMG - discuss" will not stay. I'm going to watch closer on dupe threads and merge as needed/delete. We'll see how it goes and hopefully turn it into some good discussion.