The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I think Ultimate Metal should feature the piece I just wrote about highlighting Contemporary Old School Death Metal bands. I accidentally put a lot more time into it than I meant, so you faggots better enjoy it.

In the recommendations subforum...I think I just spent like 2 hours on it. It's actually pretty shitty though, to be honest, just a list of myspace links with a few words about the bands, but my goal was just to expose more people to these bands.

Awesome stuff. Which album did you hear because I only own Emissaries. I'll track down Sphinx sometime soon.

The album was called Djinn. I didnt mind this one song called "Genies, Sorcerers and Mesomopotamian Nights". I'm a bit hooked to this eastern sound; I'm not quite used to hearing metal bands incorporating this kind of sound.

The album was called Djinn. I didnt mind this one song called "Genies, Sorcerers and Mesomopotamian Nights". I'm a bit hooked to this eastern sound; I'm not quite used to hearing metal bands incorporating this kind of sound.

You should check out their last two albums. The Middle Eastern sound really shines through on those, and with quite a punch.

listening to the new Iced Earth EP...the production is a little thin it seems...and Ripper's version of The Coming Curse is nowhere near as good as Barlow's (as I suspected). bargle.

I never liked Iced Earth. They're formulaic as fuck. Just listen to Something Wicked This Way Comes - you figure out the formula by the third song.

From a strictly technical point of view who is the better guitarist, Muhammed Suicimez (sp)or Luc Lemay.

I'd say that Muhammed faggot is the better one from a strictly technical point of view. But Luc Lemay is, or at least was, a creative visionary whereas Muhammed is little more than a generic shredder.

From a strictly technical point of view who is the better guitarist, Muhammed Suicimez (sp)or Luc Lemay.

Muhammed Suicimez (sp) can probobly play more of the crazy solo/shred extremely fast appregio stuff. But Luc Lemay is definitely better for piecing together his tech riffs. Song writting wise, Luc Lemay hands down, wankery wise, Muhammed hands down. Imo