The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

How is Hate Forest's first album? I love Sorrow and Battlefields.
Nothing else by HF is as good as those two albums. Sorrow is especially underrated; I love the melodies and the chunky bass sound on that album. I've never heard anyone else use the bass like that.
Everything else by HF tends to sound the same. Scythia, Purity, and the assorted EPs aren't too different from each other. The Nietzscheism compilation is a good value if you want the EPs. Purity has some good tracks, but some tend to run way too long. I liked that the songs on Sorrow were more concise.

Fuck, I meant I've only heard Purity and Battlefields ( I can blame this on being lazy and metal-archives not being up), which are both fantastic. I have Scythia, but I've only spun it a few times. I remember it being okay, but not as focused as Purity.

Got to love Minotauri. From the II booklet: "Minotauri was an elite member of C.O.T.D. but now we're dead! Fuck off!"

I may have written off Sinister way too soon. Cross the Styx is actually some great hard-hitting stuff, even with all the excessive blasting. I'll probably give their other albums a fairer chance.

I may have written off Sinister way too soon. Cross the Styx is actually some great hard-hitting stuff, even with all the excessive blasting. I'll probably give their other albums a fairer chance.

Cross The Styx and Diabolical Summoning seem pretty promising to me and are probably considered classics and I would eventually track both down. Hate and Aggressive Measures seem good regardless not having any original guitar players. I think once Sinister had a shitty female growler they became crap.

It's a good CD. But the fact that it has some parts that sound almost like metalcore does take a way from it a little bit.
you mean the clean the vocals in songs like Barricade and Gone...? I think they're quite tastefully integrated. I even like the shout-alongs on Barricade. It really fits the song.

As much as I love black metal, I never thought I'd like Gorgoroth, but I picked Under the Sign of Hell and really enjoy it.