The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Don't mind me, I'm just practicing the Shakespearean sonnet (71) that I have to memorize as part of my exam I have in two hours.

No longer mourn for me when I am dead
Than you shall hear the surly sullen bell
Give warning to the world that I am fled
From this vile world, with vilest worms to dwell:
Nay, if you read this line, remember not
The hand that writ it; for I love you so,
That I would in your sweet thoughts be forgot,
If thinking on me then should make you woe.
Oh, if, I say, you look upon this verse
When I (perhaps) compounded am with clay,
Do not so much as my poor name rehearse,
But let your love even with my life decay;
Lest the wise world should look into your moan,
And mock you with me after I am gone.

what's everyone's thoughts on transilvanian hunger by darkthrone? i recently got it and find it to be very one dimensional, especially the drumming. vocals are great, though. i take it this is one of those albums that is meant to be repetitive in order to sort of "hypnotize" the listener or put them in a very (insert adjective here) state...

are all their albums like this?

None of their other albums are quite like it. I'm too lazy to say much more though. Transilvanian Hunger is far more abrasive and generally more inaccessible than everything else they've done.

You can try giving it time. It's not something you get into right away.

yea, i think i need to spend more time with it absolutely. it took me like half a year before i liked any emperor, and anthems has been one of my favorite albums for 5 years now. ill sit down with TH and listen to it through and through when im in a very depressed mood.

Ok,so I was wrong. Seance's debut needed some more time but it does kick plenty of ass after all. I dunno, I've been on a Seance binge these past few days.

yea, i think i need to spend more time with it absolutely. it took me like half a year before i liked any emperor, and anthems has been one of my favorite albums for 5 years now. ill sit down with TH and listen to it through and through when im in a very depressed mood.

take your time. you'll learn to love that album.

Ok,so I was wrong. Seance's debut needed some more time but it does kick plenty of ass after all. I dunno, I've been on a Seance binge these past few days.

Yep, that album makes me go on Seance kicks where I listen to Fornever Laid to Rest like 10 times in a day or something.