The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

my god I am mesmerized by control denied "fragile art of existence" more and more that I listen to it. Soaring vocals, unreal bass lines, so much emotion yet so techy/proggy. It is progressive metal perfection on every level.

God damn't you're annoying.

Edit: Don't close this thread. As Dodens said it eliminates redundancy and I highly doubt you will be able to police the forum 24/7 to ensure that the 57th Nevermore topic is merged/deleted.

You know, this is the first time I've heard Insomnium. It's quite pathetic, I know, but I like what I hear.

Hey, at least I'm admitting it,guys:p

Hey all, we are going to close this particular thread since it seems to be pretty much redundant, a "talk about the music you like" in the "general metal forum" - which is what the forum is all about in the first place. I'll leave it open until the end of the day for replies.

Don't close this shit. I love this thread. Possibly my favorite. It definitley cleans up a of shit, and saves ten billion "insert band here RULES" or "insert band here SUCKS" threads per day.

I'm going to say this once, and not make it too harsh or anything so I don't get myself banned. I'm not going to rant.

I think you are an awfully shitty administrator.

Meh, close it. Having two threads dedicated to recommendations is unnecessary anyway. Plus, every genre is getting its own thread as well. Newsflash, NEARLY EVERY THREAD talks about the same shit (i.e. metal recommendations). What difference does it make if it is consolidated or not? Why do you people have to be so precious about such trivial crap?

The only argument I can see for this thread to remain open, is that it hasn't been that bad around here of late (as far as people's behaviour goes). But if you refer to my last comment in the paragraph above, it has nothing to do with threads, its got to do with general moodiness of people - i.e. acting like you have a vagina.

^ i think there was no better album in that genre last year for me, starts off perfectly and closes even better.

I would considered The Karelian Isthmus death metal and Tales From The Thousand Lales death/doom. I could have seen the band eventually having clean vocals and being a doom metal band if they did not make such a huge change with elegy.

listening to the new Iced Earth EP...the production is a little thin it seems...and Ripper's version of The Coming Curse is nowhere near as good as Barlow's (as I suspected). bargle.