The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Oh, completely. The idea of an individualism as a religion strikes me as almost oxymoronic. If these people were really individualists, they wouldn't need to call themselves fucking satanists, would they?

Most of us carry out our daily lives in accord with Satanistic principles. "Do what thou wilt." That's the basic premise of Satanism. I don't agree with openly proclaiming oneself a "satanist" simply to piss others (parents/authority) off. But for a long time Christianity preached against any form of individualism or personal freedom. People had to live their lives in accordance with Church law, and their main worry was that of the afterlife. Therefore, when individualism began to take its toll, what symbol was most fitting for the heretics to adopt and for the faithful to accuse? Satan.

Sometimes people feel the need to identify themselves with a certain symbol in order to demonstrate their ideals. Also, it creates a sense of community. Metalheads do the same (to a lesser extent) by growing their hair long.

They also identify themselves with a group with the express purpose of disassociating themselves with other groups; in this instance, an individualistic Satanic ideology as opposed to a conformist Christian or other theology. Have you ever wondered why the goat was chosen to represent Satanism in opposition to the Christian lamb? Goats are independent creatures, while sheep follow the herd.

They also identify themselves with a group with the express purpose of disassociating themselves with other groups; in this instance, an individualistic Satanic ideology as opposed to a conformist Christian or other theology. Have you ever wondered why the goat was chosen to represent Satanism in opposition to the Christian lamb? Goats are independent creatures, while sheep follow the herd.

Yes. Jesus in fact uses the same symbolism in the gospel where he talks about the 'Sheep' and the 'Goats' at the last judgement.

I actually never thought of that...I just thought of the goat as being sorta the opposite of a sheep; more aggressive, nastier, and less tasty, although with great cheese. But yeah, it makes total sense.

It occurs to me that it's weird that they call Jesus the Lamb of God but then eat lamb anyways...

There's also the Judas Goat, the goat who leads a sheep herd into the slaughterhouse. This is also what makes the name Judas Priest so awesome, a priest leading his flock to slaughter (metaphorically).

i never understood why exactly it's bad to say Jesus Christ...but whatever. Christianity is a bizarre religion. But then, they all are.

I discovered this russian viking/folk metal band called SatanaKozel. I didn't take them serious when I heard about them at first, as their name sounds like a cheesy joke (SatanGoat). Anyway, I think their music is pretty ace. They have enough of melodic and enough of death metal riffs. Choir vocals and growl. And cool lyrics.

http://www.myspace.com/satanakozel