The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

SO, Tara went to the trouble of giving me some sweet music to sample. She gave me:

Arckanum - Antikosmos
Craft - Fuck The Universe
Angel Witch S/T
Entombed - Left Hand Path
Incantation - Onward to Golgotha
Terrorizer - World Downfall
Nashgul - Humanicidio
Farsot - IIII
Drudkh - Blood in our wells
Bethlehem - Dark Metal
Absurd / Grand Belial's Key / Sigrblot - Weltenfeind

I have listened to the Angel Witch, Entombed, Incantation, Nashgul, Drudkh, Arckanum and Bethlehem (and I am listening to Craft right now) and I have liked every single one so far. I don't really listen to much black metal, but the black metal here has me interested in exploring the genre more

SO, Tara went to the trouble of giving me some sweet music to sample. She gave me:

Arckanum - Antikosmos
Craft - Fuck The Universe
Angel Witch S/T
Entombed - Left Hand Path
Incantation - Onward to Golgotha
Terrorizer - World Downfall
Nashgul - Humanicidio
Farsot - IIII
Drudkh - Blood in our wells
Bethlehem - Dark Metal
Absurd / Grand Belial's Key / Sigrblot - Weltenfeind

I have listened to the Angel Witch, Entombed, Incantation, Nashgul, Drudkh, Arckanum and Bethlehem (and I am listening to Craft right now) and I have liked every single one so far. I don't really listen to much black metal, but the black metal here has me interested in exploring the genre more

had you not previously known Entombed?

You should probably check out the albums that Arckanum released in the 90's. The new one is good, but the old ones are definitely his best works.

I lost my copy of The Mantle the other day so i went straight out and bought it again. Then as soon as i got home i found the old copy again, i hate when that happens.

But now i have two copies of one of my favourite albums of all time, one for the car and one for home :)

Only reason I asked for that one is because Andy fellates it so much (and it's the only one Tara had)

I predict that Andy will agree with me, considering that Fran Marder and Kostogher are two of his top albums ever and he fellates them even more. Oh, and his recent shout on this page seems to support this as well.

So I gave Hammerheart a first listen, and Quorthon's clean vocals are really bad. I mean, sloppiness fits the style, but I was disappointed he didn't sing as well on the rest of the album as he did on "One Rode to Asa Bay," which was the only song from it I previously heard.

I originally felt the same way, but then I realized that the vocal style that he uses actually sounds better with the music and the lyrics that he's singing. His smoothest vocal performances by far are on Blood on Ice, if you want to try that one.

Yeah, Quorthon was never a terribly gifted singer, but he generally made up for it in raw emotion, at least on Hammerheart. One Rode To Asa Bay is a phenomenal performance. I don't have Blood On Ice yet, but certainly his singing on the Nordland albums is better overall than on Hammerheart.

Btw, had you really never heard that album before now? Shame, shame.

By the way, he completely ripped of the closing riff to "For Whom the Bell Tolls" as he ended the song "Song To Hall Up Hígh/Home Of Once Brave".