The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Lindberg's vocals post-ATG suck. Crowned in Terror is easily their worst album, and Possessed 13 is actually mostly pretty fucking awesome, and you're an asshole.

Lindberg's vocals post-ATG suck. Crowned in Terror is easily their worst album, and Possessed 13 is actually mostly pretty fucking awesome, and you're an asshole.

I listened to it once you gayjerk. I only listen to The Crown for entertainment value, not to get blown away by awesome great music, and CIT is easily catchier, so I liked it more. Suck my balls br0.

I never declared that it was a "decisive judgment" as it's just a random opinion on a message board, and I think I am pretty good at listening to music and know what I like enough to make a judgment on something like The Crown on first listen anyway. Maybe for certain black metal I shouldn't (Darkspace for instance, who I liked more last chance I gave them) but yeah. I personally like Lindberg better than Lindstrand, and the songs on CIT are catchier and get me headbanging more; The Crown aren't like the epitome of artistic expression wherein there's a ton of deep stuff to get, so I feel I'm not being out of line here. Really all that matters to me with The Crown is that it is entertaining and gets me rawking out, and that's as far as I'm going with this.

Fredrik Thordendahl's Sol Niger Within is very cool, it's kind of how i would've wanted Meshuggah to progress from the None ep, more synths and atmosphere. Morgan Ågren is a real freak behind the drums, pretty cool that he's played with Zappa, i talked to him when i saw Mats & Morgan live and he said that there's a possibility that he maybe will release another album with Thordendahl soon.

SO, Tara went to the trouble of giving me some sweet music to sample. She gave me:

Arckanum - Antikosmos
Craft - Fuck The Universe
Angel Witch S/T
Entombed - Left Hand Path
Incantation - Onward to Golgotha
Terrorizer - World Downfall
Nashgul - Humanicidio
Farsot - IIII
Drudkh - Blood in our wells
Bethlehem - Dark Metal
Absurd / Grand Belial's Key / Sigrblot - Weltenfeind

I have listened to the Angel Witch, Entombed, Incantation, Nashgul, Drudkh, Arckanum and Bethlehem (and I am listening to Craft right now) and I have liked every single one so far. I don't really listen to much black metal, but the black metal here has me interested in exploring the genre more

I'm really glad you're enjoying the music. Now, hurry up and send my stuff. :)

I'm really glad you're enjoying the music. Now, hurry up and send my stuff. :)

For everyone's info, here is what I am sending her:

Pentagram - Relentless; Day of Reckoning
Manilla Road - Crystal Logic
Incubus - Beyond the Unknown/Serpent Temptation
Sanctuary - Refuge Denied
Exhorder - Slaughter in the Vatican \m/
Candlemass - EDM
Trouble - The Skull

A nice mix of stuff

So while I was in Vermont this girl showed me these guys:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bODDzSqkqdE&feature=related[/ame]
And I realize it's incredibly cheesy, but I think fans of Euro power will dig it.

It also needs to be stated that Eternal Death is far and away the best thing the band ever recorded. Very underrated.

That's their only release I have. Can't say I listen to it all that often, but it's pretty solid. The Necrolord album cover is pretty legendary too.

I think I'll give this a listen today...

That and their Forever Heaven Gone demo tape are the best things they've done. At least I think I'm thinking of the right tape. Anyway, they both rule and they really are underrated significantly. The Burning is a bit too overly melodic. Every album after that has its fair share of filler tracks, which is really annoying. I admit to having a soft spot for Possessed 13 for some reason, or at least most of it. It seems like the band approached that album like they knew it would be their last, while at the same time celebrating whatever arbitrary anniversary, and were just having fun and at times paying tribute to older bands they grew up on.

The album I won't listen to is Crowned Unholy. Saarenpaa said in the band's fairwell letter that Crowned Unholy "got it right" but as a listener I completely disagree.

Received Kreator's Renewal. I found this album frustrating because it absolutely sucks balls, but most of the songs are actually good, well-written songs. It's crippled by Mille's atrocious vocals (he tried to go clean, it sounds really weird and terrible), the awful, awful, awful drum production, the fact that the drums are mixed way too high, and the sludgy shitty guitar sound. As well as the generally listless performance.

They played Renewal on Live Kreation, however, and it's actually a good song, because Mille was doing his normal vocals, the drums were normal, and they had the Violent Revolution guitar sound going. I'm positive the song Reflections would be fucking awesome if they rerecorded it now.