The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

It's a bit of a symptom of Kreator going "hey look we're straightforward thrash again right?" but it falls just short of PTK-esque stuff. It's still very good.

So, I absolutely love While Heaven Wept's first record, Of Empires Forlorn, and I'm really exicted for their next release, Vast Oceans Lachrymose.

Does anyone else dig these guys?

It's a bit of a symptom of Kreator going "hey look we're straightforward thrash again right?" but it falls just short of PTK-esque stuff. It's still very good.
Wait...I don't get it.
They released it a year after PTK, so what do you mean "thrash again?"
I think it was just "let's be as aggressive as we can." I think Extreme Aggression is more mature.
Terrible Certainty is awesome, though. I love the version on Live Kreation:

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I absolutely love While Heaven Wept's first record, Of Empires Forlorn, and I'm really exicted for their next release, Vast Oceans Lachrymose.

Does anyone else dig these guys?
Yes! They totally rule, great atmosphere and great lyrics imo. I'm a big fan of lyrics that deals with drinking alone or drowning away sorrow, etc. Not sure why though. It isn't something I spend my time doing. :p

Yes! They totally rule, great atmosphere and great lyrics imo. I'm a big fan of lyrics that deals with drinking alone or drowning away sorrow, etc. Not sure why though. It isn't something I spend my time doing. :p

They seem to be really ignored around here, but I think they're incredible. Great epic, melancholic doom.

I had forgotten how awesome Nocternity really is. One of my most listened bands within the last few days.

Been enjoying a combo of Bonded By Blood, Darkness Descends, Been Caught Buttering, and Rabid Death's Curse the last few days. All are hitting the spot quite well.

And yes, Spheres rules.

So...I was reading the incredibly low reviews while listening to I Wrestled A Bear Once and tbh I didn't think it was too bad...people just take shit too seriously.

I fucking hate that shitty music with dumb band names and stupid "EXPERIMENTAL" stuff, god...fuck off and die.

Nothing wrong with experimental, but the dumb band name thing is irritating. Reminds me of my MMO days when I would be running my 3d avatar through the virtual world and see "Llegggolassz" or "Dessimmatore". Sometimes theres a fine line between genius and insane, but other times it is a yawning chasm.

Oh, I like experimental music to some extent, but not this mish-mash hardcore digital hip hop screamo weird bullshit everyone's doing...so bad and stupid. DR. ACULA, ARSONISTS GET ALL THE GIRLS, SEE YOU NEXT TUESDAY, etc...fuck this trend.