The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I listened to Pagan Altar's Volume 1 recently, and it was pretty good. The vocalist is kinda irritating, but overall they have a nice rootsy metal sound and good melody. Would listen again.

I understand there being a certain appeal in Ozzy-esque 'wimpy' vocals, but Terry Jones just seems to do it in more of a dorky way than a convincing way.

At first I was a bit turned off my the Pagan Altar vocals, but I got used to them after awhile, and started to like them.

Im listening to Rising of the dark lord by Pagan Altar atm, I find his vocals to be relatively enjoyable, it seems like something that could definitely grow on me more.

Im listening to Rising of the dark lord by Pagan Altar atm, I find his vocals to be relatively enjoyable, it seems like something that could definitely grow on me more.

You won't go wrong with them. 'The Lords of Hypocrisy' album is stunning. Check out the song from that album 'Sentinels of Hate', so good. I'm still waiting on 'Mythical and Magical' to come in from the site Dodens recced me. The owner said there was a mail strike going on in Britain? That was a few weeks ago.

On a related note, I'm enjoying Jesu - Conqueror right now. I hated the shit out of this the first time I heard it, but it really makes for good drunk music. It's best to not really pay attention to the lyrics. It could be better, but I can understand the hype for it. I could see other releases being better than this and being very good.

God, that album is one of the best discoveries of the year for me. One of my favorite albums to listen to when I'm high, The wall of sound just hits you right in the face and then Justin's comparatively angelic voice sweetens the mood and it's like when you drive up to the mountains and the smell of pine just rushes into your nostrils and leaves you feeling awesome for the rest of the trip