The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Astrofaes is awesome. Raw, but not isolating at all, musically. i.e. you can hear everything perfectly, and the guitar tone is beautiful. Just get Dying Emotions Domain. It rules.

Doomwatcher said:
I'm seeking opinions on these black metal bands that seem to get a lot of praise around these boards.

Abigor
Astrofaes
Drudkh

Abigor - "Nachthymnen" is a classic, Immortal-influenced and almost Lugburz-esque album, though some view it as an annoying faggoth album due to not being able to get past female vocals and other such things. "Opus..." and "Orkblut..." are also good but I've only recently got both.

Astrofaes - Folk-influenced, clearly East-European BM inspired by nationalism and paganism, as album titles like "Ancestor's Shadows" and "Heritage" suggest - and both are recommended, particularly the former. Haven't heard their other stuff.

Drudkh - Burzum-influenced naturalist BM, both albums are worth looking into, I recall mornox wrote a good review for one of them at M-A.

does anyone know the website for Cock and Ball Torture. they arent on M-A and i dont feel like sifting through all the perversion ill get if i type it into google.

Man people just expect way too much out of CBT. They're terrible but fun to listen to. It's not like they're serious at all, they're just having a good time, and I fully admire that, damnit! But that doesn't mean I hate people who care about their art. I wouldn't listen to half the shit I do if I thought that!

GoD, listen to Catasexual Urge Motivation. Goregrind I think you'd like. Definitely has that weird spatial guitar tone bass-heavy thickness feeling with a weird drum machine sound, and the vocals are pretty distant and stuff. It's also a one man band, with lyrics basically SOLELY about serial killers complete with long-winded, pretentious song titles!

!!!!!!

It's a he, technically, but whatever.

Basically, the main draw that I found with C.U.M. (very affectionate acronym, I found) is the really really dark and brooding atmosphere that comes with the HUGE bass-drops and the thick, resonating, ever-so-slightly sludgy guitar tone...among other things. I think "he's" great.

speaking of Acronyms Goratory have a song called "Anally Injected Death Sperm" = A.I.D.S
and Anthrax Spreading the Disease = STD
thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week...

Guardian of Darkness said:
Indeed I have, I meant to ask you a question about one of them actually. Here's the full list of everything I've downloaded in the last week or so. *draws breath*

Aeternus - Ascension of Terror
Algor - Úder Pohanského Hnìvu
Angelcorpse - Exterminate
Baptism - Wisdom & Hate
Ceremonial Oath - The Book of Truth
Darkthule - Awakening of the Ancient Past
Darkthule - Summon Thee
Destroyer 666 - Cold Steel... For An Iron Age
Epheles - L'ombre De La Croix
Esoteric - The Pernicious Enigma
Evoken - Quietus
Fragments of Unbecoming - Skywards: A Sylphe's Ascensio
Gehenna - Adimiron Black
Gontyna Kry - Welowie
Haemoth - Vice, Suffering and Destruction
Hail - Inheritance of Evilness
Immolation - Harnessing Ruin
Nortt - Gudsforladt
Ondskapt - Draco Sit Mihi Dux
Ophiolatry - Anti-Evangelistic Process
Scanner - Terminal Earth
Vorkreist - Sabbathical Flesh Possession
Worship - Last Vinyl Before Doomsday

Now, my question is, is Ondskapt's information right on M-A? My version has a few different song-lengths and an extra track.

Destroyer666's Cold Steel album is good. What are the good albums from this list? I need something new

Mostly everything on that list is great.

Edit: Faust Again is fucking GOOD Polish metalcore. Very fast melodic riffing with quite the caustic screaming vocalist and a weird "HEAVY" bass sound.

Today I purchased the Lunar Strain/Subterranean re-release from Regain Records, it was $17.99 used.

Can anyone comment on the rarity of this? I'd hate to think I dished out $18 for something common.