The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Just being enjoying Mortuary's Blackened Images. Awesome thrashy death metal in the vain of Massacra and Vader from Mexico.

Anyone with a slightest interest in viking/folk metal should check out these two little gems:

EQUILIBRIUM - TURIS FRATYR

Holy. Shit. This. Is. FUCKING. Good. A German viking/folk/black hybrid very similar to Moonsorrow, with KILLER FOLKY MELODIES, good harsh vocals (all lyrics are in German).. and that little extra touch, that touch that makes a record better than just "good". 11/10, listen or burn.

Next one out is a forgotten legend, almost, namely Frostmoon's (NOR) "Tordenkrig". This is harsh, raw, black/viking metal the way you love it. Nothing more to say, really, other than CHECK IT OUT, as it KICKS ASS. That is all.

"Behold A Pale Horse" by Saviour Machine is so great. I love Eric Clayton's voice. I'll buy the Legend series soon I think.

Décadent said:
Any recommendations for good folkish metal?

Nokturnal Mortum perhaps goes without saying, other than that try Arckanum (though there are almost no traditional instruments but it reeks of a "folky" feeling hehe), Vintersorg's three earliest albums or the all mighty Ulver in case you've somehow missed out on them.

Henrik Main said:
Anyone with a slightest interest in viking/folk metal should check out these two little gems:

EQUILIBRIUM - TURIS FRATYR

Holy. Shit. This. Is. FUCKING. Good. A German viking/folk/black hybrid very similar to Moonsorrow, with KILLER FOLKY MELODIES, good harsh vocals (all lyrics are in German).. and that little extra touch, that touch that makes a record better than just "good". 11/10, listen or burn.

I downloaded this the other day (and some other stuff by Equilibrium), and I agree with you hands down...awesome fucking band

Digging these ambient and noise recordings:

Z'ev - Headphone Musics
Kevin Drumm - Sheer Hellish Miasma
Aube - Substructural Penetration 1991-1995
Knurl - Periodic Nephromucilaginocity
C.C.C.C. - Love & Noise

Everyone who is adventurous should d/l or buy these.

RUNNING OUT OF STUFF TO DOWNLOAD?! SEEM LIKE YOU CAN'T FIND AN ARCHIVE OF RIPPED CDS ANYWHERE?! LOOKING TO SEE IF SOMETHING'S LEAKED YET?!

TIRED OF ME USING THE TAG-TEAM QUESTION/EXCLAMATION MARK?!

Fear not!

www.mp3shitter.com