The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Skyclad rules. They're very happy, but in a different way than power metal, if that makes any sense. Also, cool lyrics.

The past few days I've really been into Goat Horn, Manilla Road, Black Sabbath, and Penance. Any further recommendations are appreciated.

Banned said:
The past few days I've really been into Goat Horn, Manilla Road, Black Sabbath, and Penance. Any further recommendations are appreciated.

Centurion's Ghost. :p

Been listening to Averse Sefira's TA. Great album, I really like the dissonance in their songs. Other than that, Aphex Twin has really been a favourite in WMP. Dead Can Dance's A Passage in Time is great, in my opinion better than Within the Realm of a Dying Sun.

1349's "Beyond The Apocalypse", from 2004. Almost everything is right about it. The drums drive everything along forcefully without ever burying the music in annoying blast-for-blast's-sake, the guitars are near-perfectly produced - a wall of sound when tremolo-strumming but allowing the lead melodies and dischords to stand out - and the songs are dynamic enough to stop the preponderant high-velocity parts from wearing out your ears. When it comes to the vocals, let's face it, anything short of incredibly brilliant is just "meh" in black metal. There are very few people whose larynxes can produce sounds sufficiently weird, wrathful or inhuman to make the "black metal voice" superior to actually singing, and the vocalist in 1349 isn't one of them, he's just another member of the larger group that can do it without sounding positively embarrassing.

Incantation and Bolt Thrower are still fucking incredible. I haven't been able to stop listening to "Onward to Golgotha" and "The IVth Crusade" all fucking week.

I've been listening to:

Epheles - Le Dernier Pardon
Sempiternal Deathreign - The Spooky Gloom
Vlad Tepes & Belketre - March To The Black Holocaust
Paysage d'hiver - Kerker
Virulence - A conflict Scenario
Antaeus - Cut Your Flesh And Worship Satan

been listening to Lurker of Chalice's self titled album lately. Can Wrest do no wrong?

Also been listening to Sieben and October Falls on the other side of the musical spectrum.

also found a new band, Disillusion, that I quite enjoy. death prog goodness

unknown said:
been listening to Lurker of Chalice's self titled album lately. Can Wrest do no wrong?

Also been listening to Sieben and October Falls on the other side of the musical spectrum.

also found a new band, Disillusion, that I quite enjoy. death prog goodness
I heard one song from Back to the times of Splendour, it was pretty good

lord667 said:
1349's "Beyond The Apocalypse", from 2004. Almost everything is right about it. The drums drive everything along forcefully without ever burying the music in annoying blast-for-blast's-sake, the guitars are near-perfectly produced - a wall of sound when tremolo-strumming but allowing the lead melodies and dischords to stand out - and the songs are dynamic enough to stop the preponderant high-velocity parts from wearing out your ears. When it comes to the vocals, let's face it, anything short of incredibly brilliant is just "meh" in black metal. There are very few people whose larynxes can produce sounds sufficiently weird, wrathful or inhuman to make the "black metal voice" superior to actually singing, and the vocalist in 1349 isn't one of them, he's just another member of the larger group that can do it without sounding positively embarrassing.

This man speaks the truth. My favourite album of 2004.

Check out 2005's "Hellfire", it's almost as good as the FLAWLESS "Beyond The Apocalypse".