The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

swizzlenuts said:
I've been Spinning Varathron - His Majesty in the Swamp a lot, which I love
:worship:kickass:
I only now realized that I've been constantly misspelling the album's title- it's not ...AT the swamp it's IN the swamp heh.
Is "At the swamp" even a valid phrase in English? hmm

Necuratul said:
It IS "At The Swamp."
oh so I wasn't mistaken after all, it's the erroroneous submission of this album on rateyourmusic.com, that got me confused:cool:
and thanks for the explication Killbot, it's just like at the station, at the bank, at that place, not necessarily inside of it

Someone mentioned Nocternity before, they're quite excellent.

Kreator/Destroyer said:
NOVEMBER'S DOOM and MERCENARY have nearly replaced my Nevermore obsession cause those bands are :kickass:

edit: i have no idea why i had never listened to November's Doom before this

i enjoy mercenary as well but i dont think that they ve reached their full potential yet. the use of the vocals sometimes makes me think of into eternity even though IE does more death vocals. the hours that remain didnt blow me away as much as expected but that doesnt mean that it isnt pretty awesome at times. oh yeah, try communic if you havent already. pretty close to being like nevermore(especially vocal-wise) but a bit more progressive.

I used to think that Puissance's Total Cleansing was a lot weaker than their previous two albums, but having adapted to the sung vocals(a new facet of the band's sound which appeared with this album), I've gotta say it's just as impressive as the previous full-length-Back in Control, but falls a bit short of the amazing Mother of Disease.

It's electro-acoustic type stuff...static, glitchy sounds, weird "guitar" parts, clicks and noises. Not "noisy" as in "harsh" but not really similar to much.

Oh, thanks. That sounds like it's right up my alley.

edit: I've never realized it until now, but the expression "right up my alley" could pass for a sexual innuendo.