The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Really? How did you come to this conclusion?

The fact is that lyrics are a part of the total package. They're there, and they can be read. There is nothing wrong with considering lyrics in the overall judgment of a musical work's artistic merit. Why the fuck should it matter whether or not you can hear what they're saying?

personally, I find Christian lyrics in black metal to be contradictory and lame. black metal taps into that Nietzchean hatred and misanthropy. you can't be hateful and sing the praises of Jesus at the same fucking time!

The topic is At The Gates-The Red In The Sky Is Ours. I didn't like it at first. It was, strangely enough, the last At The Gates album I heard and bought. I disliked it. After listening to it again, I realized why I disliked it. Going in, I was expecting and craving some well produced, polished, riff crazy melodic death metal, not a raw death metal album. After listening to it from a death metal standpoint, it seems totally fine to me. Has anyone else felt this way?

personally, I find Christian lyrics in black metal to be contradictory and lame. black metal taps into that Nietzchean hatred and misanthropy. you can't be hateful and sing the praises of Jesus at the same fucking time!

*Nietzschean

Did you know that Christians can hate things too?

Anal Lust by Exhorder

Anal Lust
Tie you up don't give a shit
lick my asshole suck my dick
hold you at gun point
bend you over anal lust
can't survive this torture fuck
there's fire in my eyes i laugh at your cries

lust
anal lust
up the butt
lousy slut
virginities lost
up the butt
lousy slut
down on your knees bitch
anal lust...HUH!

Shove my fist inside your cunt
shove my dick right up your butt
screams of pain fulfil my lust
beat your face in get my kicks
fuck your brains out
squeeze your tits
blood on your thighs
virginity dies

[chorus]

blood on your face
assume the position i love
anal assault
anxiously wait for the cum
screaming in torment
the welps on her back are turning redder
she died from the pain
it made her feel ten times better!

Anal Lust by Exhorder

Anal Lust
Tie you up don't give a shit
lick my asshole suck my dick
hold you at gun point
bend you over anal lust
can't survive this torture fuck
there's fire in my eyes i laugh at your cries

lust
anal lust
up the butt
lousy slut
virginities lost
up the butt
lousy slut
down on your knees bitch
anal lust...HUH!

Shove my fist inside your cunt
shove my dick right up your butt
screams of pain fulfil my lust
beat your face in get my kicks
fuck your brains out
squeeze your tits
blood on your thighs
virginity dies

[chorus]

blood on your face
assume the position i love
anal assault
anxiously wait for the cum
screaming in torment
the welps on her back are turning redder
she died from the pain
it made her feel ten times better!

that song is one of the most brutal thrash songs ever

I like the lyrics to Molesting the Decapitated by Devourment. It's about fucking a dead girl, getting your balls infected, fucking a live girl who then gives birth to monsters which take over the world. Those guys must've been high.

:lol:

Hell yes. The best ever lyrics go to Disgorge (Mex), though...for instance:

faecalized
in munched jigsores
neuro vomidefecess with gullet sepsism
urosanguine slush in soggy
knifing uncontrolling ulcerative tumorous
butchery extravacsiation
my donor of oclusive enema
coagulate in traumatism
aterosclerotic mutilate munched limbs

-Disgorge (Mex) - Faecalized

The topic is At The Gates-The Red In The Sky Is Ours. I didn't like it at first. It was, strangely enough, the last At The Gates album I heard and bought. I disliked it. After listening to it again, I realized why I disliked it. Going in, I was expecting and craving some well produced, polished, riff crazy melodic death metal, not a raw death metal album. After listening to it from a death metal standpoint, it seems totally fine to me. Has anyone else felt this way?

I had no expectations of this album when I first listened to it. I think I first heard it around 5/6 years ago or so and I had a similar reaction in that I didn't like it ... at all really. I then checked out SotS and really enjoyed that but didn't listen to TRITSIO for ages. Then I gave TRITSIO another chance, after some people had been going on about it. It just started to grow on me, and I haven't looked back since.

Anal Lust is an awesome song and yes, it is an absolutely brutal thrash song.

I had no expectations of this album when I first listened to it. I think I first heard it around 5/6 years ago or so and I had a similar reaction in that I didn't like it ... at all really. I then checked out SotS and really enjoyed that but didn't listen to TRITSIO for ages. Then I gave TRITSIO another chance, after some people had been going on about it. It just started to grow on me, and I haven't looked back since.

It's just that you have to look at it from a traditional death metal standpoint. I was completely expecting metalcore-ish melodeath in the vein of Slaughter of the Soul.

I am going to have to recommend this album for a second time

Deteriorot "In ancient beliefs" is some of the best death metal I have ever heard. Almost no blastbeats that I can think off, awesome atmosphere in every song, great riffs, pace ranges from slow to somewhat fast, and it is just so crushingly heavy.

just amazing (I'm uploading a few tracks and I will post them in a second)

edit: "fallen misery" - http://www.zshare.net/audio/04-fallen-misery-mp3.html

blasphemous horrors - http://www.zshare.net/audio/09-ritual-ceremonies-of-blasphemous-horrors-mp3.html

eternal darkness - http://www.zshare.net/audio/07-eternal-darkness-mp3.html

One of my band's songs is up on the page in my sig. Check it out and let me know what you think. It's a rehearsal tape, so don't expect anything pro. It's from a single $20 mic into a computer with no mixing. It's not that rough, actually.

One of my band's songs is up on the page in my sig. Check it out and let me know what you think. It's a rehearsal tape, so don't expect anything pro. It's from a single $20 mic into a computer with no mixing. It's not that rough, actually.

Very fucking nice, my type of black metal. Keep it up and tell me when you guys release a demo or something.