The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Got my first Children of Bodom CD last night (yes, I am a newb). Stockholm Knockout live. 2 discs. I fucking love it. I was listening to it and I'm thinking to myself "this is like guitar metal the way hendrix was guitar rock, 'cause I'm listening to it for the guitar parts!" It's no suprise that guy is considered one of the best. His stuff is just sick.

Got my first Children of Bodom CD last night (yes, I am a newb). Stockholm Knockout live. 2 discs. I fucking love it. I was listening to it and I'm thinking to myself "this is like guitar metal the way hendrix was guitar rock, 'cause I'm listening to it for the guitar parts!" It's no suprise that guy is considered one of the best. His stuff is just sick.
Pretty much all metal is driven by guitar, and the guy from CoB is by no means the best guitarist in metal.

Pretty much all metal is driven by guitar, and the guy from CoB is by no means the best guitarist in metal.

1. I never said or implied that he was the best.

2. Pretty much all rock is driven by guitar. Even so, Jimi Hendrix is guitar-based rock because of the increased emphasis on the guitar and the fact that more often than for other bands, people listen to Jimi Hendrix for the guitar. I don't know how other people listen to CoB, but for me they are guitar metal because I am listening more for the guitar parts than for anything else.

Well I am trying to say that nearly every single metal band has the guitars first. CoB is hardly innovative or special at all in that way. This is different from Rock.

I know that metal has the guitars first. That's what I like about it. I didn't say that metal was like rock. All I said was that my listening of CoB was like listening to Hendrix because I was doing it for the guitar.

Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper are great. It goes down hill after that, but HCDR and AYDY? are still good.

I spun Hatebreeder today in the shower. It was the first time in hat seems like a year. Fucking cheesy as hell. Boring as fuck. I have had the cd since 2000. I only liked it for a year. So year Bodom blows.

"Like blood soaked entrails ripped from the disemboweled body of christ, NunSlaughter rape the heavens with their much awaited third studio album! "Hex" is a pyre of 80's Devil Metal Death featuring ten new satanic commandments plus the devil's seven classic cuts on the "Face of Evil" demo fiinally re-recorded in a proper studio! There is no sign of "progression," "maturing" or other form of weakness; "Hex" is a continuation of NunSlaughter's last album or last 7" EP and soon to become a fan favorite... This is the same music you've enjoyed for the last two fucking decades!!"

Was this directed at my comment above this?

Btw do you know how fucking crazy Nunslaughter's disco is? How do fans keep up with it all?

It wasn't in response to anything, it was just a flyer I got in the mail along with an order that I thought was worth transcribing.

Sabbat (Jpn)'s discography is just as nuts, if not more.

I spun Hatebreeder today in the shower. It was the first time in hat seems like a year. Fucking cheesy as hell. Boring as fuck. I have had the cd since 2000. I only liked it for a year. So year Bodom blows.

Hey, this is about music you like, not 'let's ridicule music other people like'

Faggot.