The Top 10 of 2003 -- REVISED!

Well, how different are your lists? Mine is absolutely un-recognizable.

1. AKERCOCKE - Chronozon
2. KAYO DOT - Choirs of the Eye
3. ENSLAVED - Below the Lights
4. KING CRIMSON - The Power to Believe
5. NEGURA BUNGET - N' Crugu Bradului
6. NOKTURNAL MORTUM - The Taste of Victory
7. ELEND - Winds Devouring Men
8. ABORYM - With No Human Intervention
9. DRUDKH - Forgotten Legends
10. VIRGIN BLACK - Elegant and Dying

I know I forgot some...

1. Kayo Dot - Choirs of the Eye
2. King Crimson - The Power to Believe
3. A Perfect Circle - Thirteenth Step
4. Hammers of Misfortune - The August Engine
5. Negura Bunget - 'N Crugu Bradului
6. Manes - Vilosophe
7. Sunn 0))) - White1
8. Mithras - Worlds Beyond the Veil
9. Morbid Angel - Heretic
10. Radiohead - Hail to the Thief

Five newcomers to the list, but Crimson II remains my biggest disappointment. :tickled:

Too tired to revise mine, but it would likely be completely different, with Hammers of Misfortune, Blut Aus Nord, and possibly Melechesh gatecrashing into the top 10...if this trend keeps up, expect to see my best of 2004 list on 12/31/05. :)

too hard to remember what was released last year. Scald would still be #1 though, with considerable ease methinks.

Demonspell said:
Hammers of Misfortune, Blut Aus Nord, and possibly Melechesh gatecrashing into the top 10...
If Blut Aus Nord is 2003, then why did the Candlelight promos go out in April '04? Indeed the street date was May 18th 2004.

It might be a US vs. Europe conflict, but personally I was assuming to list BAN as a 2004 release....

Yeah, Europe v. US on Blut Aus Nord. Same with Fantômas and Machine Head as well, but I'm keeping all 3 as contendors for Top Ten Two Thousand-four.

Shit yeah!

vf20030703.jpg

This sucks, I can't find any really good condescending pictures of America, I think Bush and his cronies have taken over Google Images and are suppressing any anti-American behavior. :loco:

Here's a goodun:

America_SUCKS.jpg

I'll stop spamming this thread now. Maybe. :D

OK here's my (another) new list of 2003:

1. Hammers of Misfortune - The August Engine
2. Negura Bunget - 'N Crugu Bradului
3. King Diamond - The Puppet Master
4. Melechesh - Sphynx
5. Falkenbach - Ok Nefna Tysvar Ty
6. Mithras - Worlds Beyond the Veil
7. Nokturnal Mortum - Taste of Victory
8. Reverend Bizzare - Harbinger of Doom
9. Enslaved - Below the Lights
10. Solefald - In Harmonia Universali

Not to say that I don't like the other stuff anymore, I just wanted to vary it up a little to perhaps present an alternative. Damn, in hindsight, 2003 was much better than I had remembered.

True.

And that reminds me, I would probably have Meads of Asphodel in my top 10 for 2003 as well. It would seem wrong not to since it's so fucking brilliant. Maybe swap Solefald with Meads? Damn, it's tough to deny any of those albums.

You know it's a good year when brilliant stuff like Solefald doesn't even come close to my top 10. Haven't heard that for awhile actually...

Shit, and I was about to listen to Symbolic for the first time years to see what the fuck PJ and BWD were smokin, nevermind. :loco:

NAD said:
You know it's a good year when brilliant stuff like Solefald doesn't even come close to my top 10. Haven't heard that for awhile actually...
Well, in all honest, I object to you having Radiohead in your new list. :p As good as it is, it opens doors to a whole new category of music, and before you know it, you might end up with 2 *real* metal albums in your list. :tickled:

"One more top ten list and the my pals gets it!" :loco:

Demonspell feels me. Uh huh uh uhuh uh uh h ... I said "feels."