Top 5 death/doom releases of 2018:

1. Ataraxy - Where All Hope Fades
2. Runemagick - Evoked From Abysmal Sleep
3. Innumerable Forms - Punishment in Flesh
4. Hooded Menace - Ossuarium Silhouettes Unhallowed
5. Woebegone Obscured - The Forestroamer

Top 5 Simpsons Treehouse of Horror segments:

1. Time and Punishment
2. Bart's Nightmare (unnamed segment from Treehouse II)
3. Citizen Kang
4. Send in the Clones
5. The Ned Zone

There are lots that could go in the 4-5 slots but the top 3 is pretty much untouchable. The top 2 are so deranged and Citizen Kang is basically my favorite commentary on American politics ever.

Top 5 Jungle Rot records:

1. Skin the Living (demo but whatever)
2. Dead and Buried
3. Slaughter the Weak
4. War Zone
5. Jungle Rot

Man, mine is probably:

1) Slaughter the Weak
2) Skin the Living
3) Dead and Buried
4) What Horrors Await
5) Terror Regime

No bad Jungle Rot album though except maybe Kill on Command but even then it's not terrible

Reactions: CiG
Yeah they stuck to their formula and so they're pretty damn consistent.

There was a lot of samey stuff on the 3 albums prior to the self titled though. I'll concede that at least. This last one was a good return to the old school vibe they had on the first several albums though. Matrise is pissed about something haha.

Agreed, the new one was definitely some kind of statement from the band. Probably why they went with a self titled release too. I fucking loved how aggressive they were on War Zone, somewhat out of character for these guys, especially the drumming.

Agreed, the new one was definitely some kind of statement from the band. Probably why they went with a self titled release too. I fucking loved how aggressive they were on War Zone, somewhat out of character for these guys, especially the drumming.

One thing about the band is that the drumming has always been solid. They don't have a full time drummer though so that may have something to do with it. Pretty much #2 knuckle dragger death metal band of all time imo. Obituary holds the top spot.

cool thread
ill guess ill start with my top favorite non metal releases of all time

1. The Pop Group - Y
2. The Angels Of Light - Other People
3. Coil - The Ape Of Naples
4. Comus - First Utterance
5. Can - Future Days

and then my top favorite metal releases of all time
1. Bolt Thrower - Those Once Loyal
2. Bolt Thrower - The IVth Crusade
3. Warning - Watching From A Distance
4. Rigor Mortis - s/t
5. Gorement - The Ending Quest

Top 5 metal bands I became a fan of in the past year (incl. ones I discovered years ago that finally clicked):
  1. Running Wild
  2. Emperor
  3. Vektor
  4. Gwar
  5. Sepultura

Haha I just wrote a post in the 1997 thread about how frustrating I find that album to be! Listen to the debut and the Emperor EP more! They're way better. I personally can't stand anything after Anthems. And the production on Wrath of the Tyrant makes it unlistenable. It not raw it's just fucking shit.

Don't expect too much from me - I'm still a casual BM listener, and Dummy Burger remains one of my faves.

I do enjoy the debut though, and I can appreciate its being less over-the-top than Anthems.

Reactions: Onder
Top 5 Trivium in no order:

The Sin and the Sentence
Silence in the Snow
Ascendancy
Shogun
In Waves

Top 5 BLS in no order:

Catacombs of the Black Vatican
The Blessed Hellride
1919 Eternal
Order of the Black
Mafia

Top 5 Devildriver in no order

Self-titled
The Fury of Our Maker's Hand
The Last Kind Words
Winter Kills (I guess)
Pray for Villians (I guess)

I honestly don't give anything after the first 3 a proper listen anymore. They've lost me over the past few years but the second album is probably their best one.

Top 5 Killswitch Engage in no order

Alive or Just Breathing
As Daylight Dies
The End of Heartache
First self-titled
Incarnate (I guess)

Top 5 metal bands.

1 Black Sabbath
2 Black Sabbath
3 Black Sabbath
4 Black Sabbath
5 Slayer