The Totally Awesome Global Warming Thread

Global warming can heat my cock, that's if indeed it is real. I'm going to be dead by the time it has any serious effect on anything, so fuck it. In fact I'm going to drive five cars and breed a fuckload of super CO2 producing cows just to spite people in the future, because they're probably going to be lame.

Polar bears eat cute baby seals. Therefor I'm glad George Bush is not leaving them out of his war on terror and that he is working hard on eradicating these terrorists from the face of the planet by not signing the Kyoto protocol and any other such initiatives.

polar-bear.jpg

Fucking terrorists.

dude, I'll be dead when it starts effecting us.....

dumbest thing ever.

people that say that shit might as well kill themselves

Sorry but you're fucking stupid if you honestly think this way.

WE ARE NOT HERE SIMPLY TO LIVE FOR OURSELVES! WE LIVE - PARTLY - TO MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE FOR OUR POSTERITY!

PLUS IT DOESN'T FUCKING HURT TO BE A GOOD PERSON AND TRY TO HELP SAVE THE PLANET, NO MATTER HOW SMALL YOUR CONTRIBUTION.

:mad:

I thought he was saying that he thought people that say "I'll be dead when it starts effecting us....." might as well kill themselves.

@Mort Divine and the faggot above him with zero reading comprehension

I'm not going to have kids because there are enough people here without my help. The people of the future are going to suck anyway. Let them figure these problems out.

In general, humans tend to panic about things that are less than severe, i.e. Y2K, killer bees, second coming, etc. I'm sure there are many examples. Scientists aren't immune from this type of behavior. Global warming is definitely being overestimated by a large degree.

I'm not going to have kids because there are enough people here without my help. The people of the future are going to suck anyway. Let them figure these problems out.

In general, humans tend to panic about things that are less than severe, i.e. Y2K, killer bees, second coming, etc. I'm sure there are many examples. Scientists aren't immune from this type of behavior. Global warming is definitely being overestimated by a large degree.

This is a good point. Scientists love to overblow things , it's the only way for them to get famous :loco::loco:

overstated by scientists, understated by politicians

That pretty much sums up the current situation yes. Though I wouldn't say it is only being understated by politicians. The average Joe also claims to be concerned with the environment but still happily drives his SUV to work every day. Everyone is "concerned" but at the same time they want someone else to be the one that makes the sacrifices and rationalizes this with claims like "One person isn't going to make a difference so anyway so I might as well not bother". Good ol' human short sightedness all around.

Overstated or not, we are polluting and depleting this planet's natural resources at a rate that cannot sustain us for more than a few centuries at most. It'll be interesting to see how that will be handled eventually. Too bad I won't be around (or maybe lucky, depending on the outcome...)

Are you comparing the current state of our ozone layer and the pollution in our atmosphere to A CHRISTIAN MYTH OF A SECOND COMING?? :zombie: