the ultimate non-auto-tune production list

no, they often are a bit flat or sharp, but that is part of the voice/character of the singer and doesn't mean it'll sound shit in the mix.
there are lots of styles that don't require/rely on perfection but on emotions and feeling etc, that's actually one of the main reasons why people make and are listening to music. often it's more important to preserve that than to have a 100% perfectly pitched track.
as I said, all a matter of style and taste etc, and of course the extreme tightness is part of the metalcore-thing, and if you tweak it to get THAT sound it's all good...that doesn't mean that the same is true for all styles and it definitely doesn't mean that all the famous/good albums are pitched to perfection.

I for example LOVE Dane on Neermore..he's got so much emotions and feeling in his voice...if he'd be quantised and pitched until everything is 100% the music would lose what's its strongest point (not saying there's no correction whatsoever on it of course)

lots of the singers I work with are a bit off...but that's alright as long as it fits the music

Warrel Dane is THE FUCKING MAN.
One of the best vocalists in modern metal, easily.

Okay first of all, I don't really care if people use it or not, but what a lot of you are ignoring, is the fact that autotune CAN be used subtlety and let through slightly flat and sharp notes, and in fact if it's done well it probably does. Or sometimes is not used on all sections, just certain passages. Just the fact that certain notes are not perfectly in tune doesn't mean autotune wasn't used.

I just did a band for Earache Records and I only had 30 days. The budgets are not there to spend months and months on a album. You have to be able to crank out albums if you want to stay profitable in this market. Unless you work a day job, and do the studio on the side.

Did you have to juggle the band's day job schedules or did you actually get 30 full days?

Was listening to Whatever and Ever Amen by Ben Folds Five recently.
Plenty of flat moments in the song "Brick", but it doesn't bother me, because Ben Folds is a strong vocalist anyway

Devin Townsend does use autotune as an effect, you can even see him talking about it in the Supercrush PT video on Youtube.

U ALL MAKE ME FUCKIN SICK THIS IS THE REASON Y I DONT POST ON THIS FORUM ANYMORE

JOEY YOUR RIGHT.

DO YOUR THING.

WHILE U PREDICTABLE METAL HEADS SIT DAY IN AND DAY OUT LERKING THESE BOARDS , TAKE A FEW TIPS AND APPLY ! IF U WANNA MAKE MONEY AND CREATE A NAME FOR YOUR SELF/ CREATE A SOUND , IE JOEYS ( CLEARLY WHICH 90% OF YOU GUYS TRY TO ACHIEVE ANYWAY)

FOLLOW IN HIS FOOTSTEPS TO BE HONEST I HAD NO CLUE WHO JOEY WAS PREVIOUS TO SIGNING UP TO THIS FORUM AND 2 YEARS LATER MY MIXES ARE IN PLACE WERE I COULD NEVER IMAGINE AND THANKS TOO WHO . JOEY

THANKS DUDE.

Anyways thats my 2 sense looks like i wont be hitting this forum anymore makes me sick to read stuff on here !

PEACE !

I cant namedrop every single record i like... ;(
(60's-early 90's music.. pop, rock, metal, blues and whatnot.)

U ALL MAKE ME FUCKIN SICK THIS IS THE REASON Y I DONT POST ON THIS FORUM ANYMORE

JOEY YOUR RIGHT.

DO YOUR THING.

WHILE U PREDICTABLE METAL HEADS SIT DAY IN AND DAY OUT LERKING THESE BOARDS , TAKE A FEW TIPS AND APPLY ! IF U WANNA MAKE MONEY AND CREATE A NAME FOR YOUR SELF/ CREATE A SOUND , IE JOEYS ( CLEARLY WHICH 90% OF YOU GUYS TRY TO ACHIEVE ANYWAY)

FOLLOW IN HIS FOOTSTEPS TO BE HONEST I HAD NO CLUE WHO JOEY WAS PREVIOUS TO SIGNING UP TO THIS FORUM AND 2 YEARS LATER MY MIXES ARE IN PLACE WERE I COULD NEVER IMAGINE AND THANKS TOO WHO . JOEY

THANKS DUDE.

Anyways thats my 2 sense looks like i wont be hitting this forum anymore makes me sick to read stuff on here !

PEACE !

keyboard4yh4.jpg

JOEY YOUR RIGHT.

DO YOUR THING.

THANKS DUDE.

PEACE !

Bye then :) You won't be missed