The (Un)official write anything you want page

Don't move here. :loco: The coast from Santa Barbara north is great! Other than that California is for the dogs.

$900 / month for 719 sq. ft. but my place is spacious for a 1 bedroom. My rent has only gone up once in 3 years, it used to be $865. That was expensive back then, but now it's a pretty good deal.

ARRRRRRRR!!!!!!

That was a yawn, not a pirate noise. Okay back to Sleep. And by Sleep I mean the band.

[/imbedded mystery post]

about same as here then ... paying $900 also for about 500sq. ft. ... going to be $1000 in March ...

started at $750 in the summer of '99 ...

time to get out ...

the thing is, $1000 is still cheap in NY ... I am looking at $1200-$1300 easily for the same size place if I go ...

will go up to Canada this spring to visit a friend in Toronto ... want to scope out what's the deal up there.
never been futher north then the Niagara Falls area ...

although to be honest I rather move somewhere south ... where it's warmer

I hear Vancouver is THE place to live in North America

Vancouver is a KICKASS place to live. It's a "pretty" city if such a thing can be said to exist. Thats what I'm told, the rent is cheap, theres lots of jobs, and the people are nice. Our transit kinda licks if you live in the suburbs, but if you live in burnaby or surrey or something, it rocks.

While Vancouver may rock, I'd rather live on a farm or in a cabin on a mountain, but that won't happen anytime soon.

found this ...
http://www.daemery.com/Additional/vancouver.htm

looks pretty damn sweet.

not sure how much traveling have you done for comparison, but is it one of those too "sterile" cities ... I hate when everything looks too "perfect" in some way ... Vienna comes to mind ... and from tales from firends and photos .. parts of Shanghai.

I'm glad we have this thread dedicated to whatthefuckever. Partly because I have no other place to put this wallpaper I just put together for fans of Morrigan and George R.R. Martin. :)

morriganiceandfire26yv.jpg

copy and paste in browser ... I wanted to kick this fuckers ass

javascript:cnnVideo('play','/video/us/2006/01/18/nat.tx.car.chase.affl.affl','2006/01/25');

lurch70 said:
found this ...
http://www.daemery.com/Additional/vancouver.htm

looks pretty damn sweet.

not sure how much traveling have you done for comparison, but is it one of those too "sterile" cities ... I hate when everything looks too "perfect" in some way ... Vienna comes to mind ... and from tales from firends and photos .. parts of Shanghai.

Link isn't working, but no, it's not very sterile at all, i don't think anyway.

The skytrain is kinda dirty and rundown. Surrey and Vancouver are full of hobos. It's not sterile and perfect at all. But neither is it dirty and scary. I'll try and get some pictures this weekend

edit:

Ok, link worked. Those are the sterile pics for sure. Fucking not like that really, it is and it isn't.

IMG_3791%20web.JPG

Ok, Science World is a fuckton dirtier and rundown than this picture now.

@Thanatopsis -- Those an awesome picture of robert smushing Targaryen!

lurch70 said:
about same as here then ... paying $900 also for about 500sq. ft. ... going to be $1000 in March ...

started at $750 in the summer of '99 ...

time to get out ...

the thing is, $1000 is still cheap in NY ... I am looking at $1200-$1300 easily for the same size place if I go ...
wowowowozer thats expensive.
like i said umpteen times before, i pay around $1300 for my new 1050 sf house. i live in a great historic area in downtown nashville. i work three miles away and i walk to predators games. but im with andrew, im really yearning to move back to rural ohio and live on a farm. i dont go to bars, coffee shops or any of that city stuff. i hike and ride mountain bikes. cant do that here.
move somewhere lurch. youre not married, no kids, do it man.

re: vancouver. i read somewhere that most hockey players consider vancouver the best city to visit during a road trip. dunno why, neve been there. toronto was nice though. a very very very big city imo, but otherwise nice and clean and organized.

move somewhere lurch. youre not married, no kids, do it man.

oddly enough, I would want to move somewhere nice with someone I will eventually share a life with ...
there really is actually not much point of me moving out of town right now ... I mean just for a change of scenery per se ... and start over ... alone.

meeting someone with the same mindset though ... another story.