The (Un)official write anything you want page

Trylakos said:
Guitar Hero is pretty fun, but real guitar is better. DDR Extreme 2 is hardcore:kickass:
Don't worry, I play guitar too, but Guitar Hero is still way fun.

How does one play this Guitar Hero? It's a console game right? Do you plug a real guitar into it or something?

dorian gray said:
How does one play this Guitar Hero? It's a console game right? Do you plug a real guitar into it or something?
It comes with a special guitar shaped controller with five buttons for five frets and a string/pick thing. Watch the video Erik posted for an example.

Ellestin said:
The new Secrets of the Moon album - "Antithesis" - is a fucking riff mass of the sweetest kind. Judging by the "The Exhibitions" ep I was awaiting a solid release with a more incisive, thrash-laden sound. But never something that good.

Let's sum it up thus:

Did you enjoy "Carved in Stigmata Wounds" Y/N
Y --> blind buy
N --> same player try again

on second thought, let's put it this way:

Do you like metal? Y/N
Y --> "Antithesis" will own you to no end
N --> does not compute

:kickass:

I've been listening to this for the last couple of weeks or so, seriously considering giving it a 9/10 in the UM review when I get round to writing it. Do you hear some vague similarities between this and Enslaved's 'Ruun'? Not in a "Secrets Of The Moon ripped them off" way, but more of a "This is what I wanted 'Ruun' to sound more like" way?

NADatar said:
That thing is at least 50x gayer than a keytar, and let me tell you, keytars are fucking gay.
but it's fun

i really had my doubts but i played it at a friend's and it fucking rules, and you actually train finger dexterity and timing in a way that would probably be vaguely useful later when you're playing real guitar

Yeah, I actually learned to use my pinky more when playing real guitar by playing Guitar Hero. It's a completely genius game. I can't wait for the second one.

Necuratul said:
There's an Artillery song, but it's an instrumental from B.A.C.K.
Wait, that's the Danish Artillery? I thought it was some other band by the same name?

Just looked it up on Metal Archives and are you sure? The song on the game is "The Breaking Wheel" and I see no song by that name on "B.A.C.K.", nor anywhere on Metal Archives at all. I did a song search for that title and came up with no results.

Erik said:
i only wish it had better songs, i mean when "symphony of destruction" is the best song on the shitz there's something wrong
You would choose "Symphony of Destruction" over "Ace of Spades"?!

Impudent said:
Wait, that's the Danish Artillery? I thought it was some other band by the same name?

Just looked it up on Metal Archives and are you sure? The song on the game is "The Breaking Wheel" and I see no song by that name on "B.A.C.K.", nor anywhere on Metal Archives at all. I did a song search for that title and came up with no results.
it's actually this "stoner metal" band it seems

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=7232076