The (Un)official write anything you want page

Not really, I know I'll enjoy it, I was just looking for anything that stood out in your mind!

One question though: what type of certification do you have for teaching there? I've heard of a couple of options, namely an American one and a British one, and I don't know which to pick.

First of all, I'll tell you one of the best tips I heard before coming over. Kill any expectations you have. If you haven't heard the acronym ESID before, you'd better come to know it. Every Situation Is Different.

And myself, I have no certification. You really only need a degree. That's all most of us have. You might want to wait until you've tried this for a while before you spend more time and money on some sort of certification.

Something interesting to keep in mind: The average person who comes to teach English in Japan only stays for 7 months.

And myself, I have no certification. You really only need a degree. That's all most of us have. You might want to wait until you've tried this for a while before you spend more time and money on some sort of certification.

Well I still have some months before I have the possibility of graduating! (Probably not until 2008 :erk:!) so I have time to mull it all over. I've heard of people going without certification and doing quite fine, from others as well as yourself, so I guess that's good to hear.

As far as expectations, my only one would be that I would be going to Japan. What more could one ask? Beautiful country, interesting people, vastly different culture, and first and foremost: just something different!

just realized yesterday that Howie Mandel now looks like Zod ... or is that the other way around

hahah ... yes, that is him. Self confessed germophobe, noticed he never gets too close to anyone on the show.

I really wonder what will become of me after this semester is over. The dorm I'm currently in is filled with americans so I'm basically speaking english non stop, and on top of that I'm studying german for several hours each day, so sometimes things get really confused. Switching between two languages of which neither is my native one makes my brain studder. And what's more, with all this american english flying around I'll probably end up speaking german with an american accent :zombie: