The (Un)official write anything you want page

Yea, lots. Mostly clips form 'Ears, open. Eyeballs, click.'

Good, you know what you're in for then. I ordered that 'Ears, open. Eyeballs, click.' documentary a while back, it's pretty good. And I caught a few shows on the Military channel that followed the recruits through Marine basic too. It's going to be intense, but well worth it.

Three points: 1) Katherine Mcphee is a talentless hack but she's fuckin gorgeous 2) Don McLean's American Pie is probably the best-written song of all time and 3) SRV's rendition of Little Wing is the most brilliant piece of guitar work ever recorded.
Agree or ban me from RC?

Three points: 1) Katherine Mcphee is a talentless hack but she's fuckin gorgeous 2) Don McLean's American Pie is probably the best-written song of all time and 3) SRV's rendition of Little Wing is the most brilliant piece of guitar work ever recorded.
Agree or ban me from RC?

1) I wouldnt call her talentless as far as her voice goes. The bitch can sing. And yes, she is beautiful.

2) LOL

3) As we said a couple weeks back...FUCK YES. PURE BRILLIANCE.

1) yeah, crap like Over the Rainbow.

2) That song is pure genius

3) Just listened to it. Check out the shitz starting at 3:19. I remember seeing SRV on some old Austin City Limits and was just like, "[stunned silence]".

I saw Don Mclean about 8 years ago @ my ex-gf's college; Saint Anselm in NH. It was gay.

Not saying that American Pie is a bad song...its actually good but I was surrounded by a bunch of middle-aged, stuffy parents being all gay after I was dragged there. That weekend fucking blew more than the ex-gf did. As a matter of fact, fuck that cunt too. Only relationship I wish I could take back.

haha hilarious story. Any Don Mclean fan is going to be >50 now. The song came out in 1972 - 4 years before I was even born.

Hell yeah, but you have to listen to the whole song and what leads up to that small burst of energy to appreciate it.

Well, yeah. I had never heard JH's version of the song prior to hearing SRV's rendition. I had always thought JH was a pretty damn sloppy guitarist and sure enough, when I finally heard his version of the song, it was confirmed. :lol: SRV makes him sound like some struggling teenager playing in his basement.

The new MCRD Parris Island mascot, Hummer:

pr20060406b.jpg

Graduating boot camp:

hummer-mascot-at-attention.jpg

mascot-hummer-graduating.jpg

"When a man is lying in a shell hole, if he just stays there all day, a German will get to him eventually. The hell with that idea. The hell with taking it. My men don't dig foxholes. I don't want them to. Foxholes only slow up an offensive. Keep moving. And don't give the enemy time to dig one either. We'll win this war, but we'll win it only by fighting and by showing the Germans that we've got more guts than they have; or ever will have. We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours. Rip them up the belly. Shoot them in the guts. When shells are hitting all around you and you wipe the dirt off your face and realize that instead of dirt it's the blood and guts of what once was your best friend beside you, you'll know what to do!"

- General Patton.

haha ahh good ol Patton. My grandfather saw him once. In France, probably. He also saw a group of Nazi prisoners goosestepping. Apparently the guards let them do it. Not many people left in the world who can say they saw goosestepping Nazis.

That show with R. Lee Ermey (or whatever) about military hardware is one of my favorite shows. Sometimes he has that mascot dog on the show with him (but it looks alot older than the one posted above)

That show with R. Lee Ermey (or whatever) about military hardware is one of my favorite shows. Sometimes he has that mascot dog on the show with him (but it looks alot older than the one posted above)

Yea he has Molly on Mail Call, shes the mascot over at MCRD San Diego, Hummer is for MCRD Parris Island.

mollyblues.jpg

Molly looking sharp in her dress blues.