The (Un)official write anything you want page

Just got back from seeing The Dillinger Escape Plan, Between The Buried And Me and Stolen Babies in Birmingham - having a photopass to a TDEP show is about the closest I ever want to come to being a war correspondent. My leg still hurts from having one of the guitarists launch himself headfirst into the crowd using my thigh as a launchpad. :lol:

Just got back from seeing The Dillinger Escape Plan, Between The Buried And Me and Stolen Babies in Birmingham - having a photopass to a TDEP show is about the closest I ever want to come to being a war correspondent. My leg still hurts from having one of the guitarists launch himself headfirst into the crowd using my thigh as a launchpad. :lol:

Tell me this was a paying gig?!?!
wtf.gif

Yea, 4 years ago when I saw DEP they guitarist fucking speared me in the skull with his headstock, kinda hurt to say the least. The singer was also breaking bottles on the stage and sending broken glass into everyones arms, faces, etc. Towards the end he climbed into the ceiling rafters and literally TORE OUT electrical wiring and insulation in a mad rage.

I saw DEP once, I was told I should go since they put on an "interesting show", anyway... one of the guitarists jumped into the audience and started flailing his guitar around like it was a mace or some shit. People were getting whacked with the body, but didn't care. At this point I said "fuck this" and stood more in the back, as to protect myself from their hands on music.

Friend is trying to get me to go to the show in SLC coming up, I keep telling him I'm gonna pass since I can't stand their music, but honestly, I want to go just to see them break everything in the shitty little venue they're playing while doing the whole little mathcore thing of theirs.

With a genre name like mathcore, you'd expect them to be a little more Dream Theater-esque on stage... Imagine Petrucci and LaBrie running around on stage, taking turns tossing glass bottles into the crowd, Labrie kicking random concert-goers in the face while twirling the guitar around his back and launching Myung headfirst into Portnoy's drumkit. All the while the entire band is doing a rendition I Walk Beside You.

I'd atleast stay awake at a Dream Theater concert if that were the case.

jhahahhahhasffdha;;aha;h;shk;askf;kasfd;akahahaahahaa fuck me i'm cryign ahahahaah

EDIT: the end AH HAA AHAAH A A A kill mem now, my life isc mopoetely. sa ahahhhahhahkhdasdf;ashf8iokl4t `

EDIT EDIT: I blew fucking snot everywhere, thank you. Amazing. Fucking amazing.

Seriously though, I want to host a party some day with a giant LCD screen playing that and only that on repeat. All night.