The (Un)official write anything you want page

lolz

also in other news: russia is the good guy in that conflict
or well, south ossetia (if it's called that in amerilanguage) is, more or less in relative terms, but since the bear is allegedly fighting for them it makes them less evil than the west.

17_dollars.jpg

The new Metallica single is actually...great.
I didn't expect it to be, honestly. From being a typical Metallica ballad it turns to a trashy groover 5 minutes in.

The new Metallica single is actually...great.
I didn't expect it to be, honestly. From being a typical Metallica ballad it turns to a trashy groover 5 minutes in.

yeah, I was surprised myself ... great flow to the entire track.

it follows a certain formula from MOP and AJFA song structure wise ... that really works.

liking the production as well.

that last 3 minute piece has a very "jam" like thrash feel to it.
Lars could have been more adventurous there ... but Kirk is on freaking fire.

yeah, I was surprised myself ... great flow to the entire track.

it follows a certain formula from MOP and AJFA song structure wise ... that really works.

liking the production as well.

I thought it was pretty bad. Mix Load and St. Anger, and throw in attempts at copying some of the older stuff (Note that it's copying, not in the vein of)

I think they HAD to go back and copy themselves ... what can they possibly write anymore that is to be considered original.

ready for this one? to me it sounds even a bit more energetic than anything on Justice. Always thought Justice was rather bland.

You always get fooled by these reunions and stuff, lurch, but Metallica has proven themselves shit enough not to let their early days decieve you yet again...

Not sure what you mean by being "fooled" ... but this track is great.
the other one they released live last week, Cyanide, was meh at best ... not bad but sounded pieced together.

This newest track was definitely better than Cyanide, and I was totally sold until the "groovy thrasher part" entered. At that point, I couldn't help but feel that it sounded a little contrived. However, their sense of melody on the earlier parts of the song absolutely baffled me. It was that very same sense that made them great in the first place.

Here's an excerpt from the local paper today:

A Riverton man pled guilty to aggravated assault, a third-degree felony, in 3rd District Court Tuesday morning after the first day of a two-day jury trial in a case where he attacked his former girlfriend in her Tooele home.

David Kerbs, 41, was arrested in June 2006 after police responded to a neighbor’s call reporting a loud, heated dispute at a Tooele apartment. Responding officers were allowed into the apartment by Kerbs’ former girlfriend, who lived there alone. The victim told police that after multiple verbal arguments throughout the day, Kerbs hit her in the side of the head with a hard-boiled egg she had been preparing, threw her on the floor and shoved another egg into her mouth while holding her nose, then forced an egg up into her vaginal cavity.

Jesus christ!

Not sure what you mean by being "fooled" ...
I mean that you automatically think everything a band releases now is good as long as they kicked butt in the 80s, which is not very often the case unfortunately. Honestly, how many times have you listened to Shovel Headed Killing Machine in the last month? (That's the only example I could think of :p)