The (Un)official write anything you want page

Holy shit!

At least I have a new reason to not talk to anyone on a greyhound bus. :lol:

PSYCHO OF THE DAY

Police on the Greek island of Santorini have shot and injured a knifeman who decapitated his girlfriend and walked around the streets with her head.

Terrified residents of the popular tourist island barricaded themselves into their homes and called the police.

The suspect, 35, was shot during a dramatic car chase in which he crashed into a motorbike and badly injured the rider and pillion passenger.

The crime is one of the most gruesome in Greece in recent memory.

The man reportedly beheaded his girlfriend, a teacher in her mid-to-late 20s, in the village of Vourvoulos, close to the island's capital, Thira, and then paraded with the head.

Speaking on Greek television, the local sub-prefect said, Thira airport officials claim that the crime may have been prevented if they had expanded search and seizure protocols, as the assailant hid the knife in his laptop during airport check in.

During the melee the man attacked officers who tried to arrest him and slashed one policeman in the face.

The man threw the head into a patrol car and then stole a police jeep and tried to get away.

But after 400m the suspect slammed into a motorbike carrying two female doctors.

They were thrown into the air and badly hurt.

The police then opened fire and hit the alleged knifeman five times.

According to one eyewitness, one police bullet ricocheted off the road and hit a woman in the leg and jaw.

The suspect is said to have a history of jealousy and domestic violence.

Top 10 Artists in the past 7 days. All over th eplace.

1 Enslaved 132
2 Zebulon Pike 63
3 Queens of the Stone Age 40
4 Acid Bath 35
5 Yakuza 21
5 Jeff Buckley 21
7 Radiohead 18
8 Harvey Milk 17
8 Interpol 17
10 Anathema 16
11 Reino Ermitano 14
12 Crowbar 12
12 Faith No More 12
12 The Flaming Lips 12
15 Rwake 11

And on a different note:

MEMPHIS, TN (WMC-TV) - Academy Award winning actor Morgan Freeman was involved in a serious car accident Sunday night in north Mississippi.

Mississippi Highway Patrol spokesperson Ben Williams said Freeman, 71, and a passenger, Demaris Meyer, were traveling eastbound on Mississippi Highway 32 in Tallahatchie County around 11:30pm when his vehicle went off the edge of the road.

Freeman overcorrected, flipping the 1997 Nissan Maxima he was driving several times before coming to a rest.

Bill Rogers, who lives along Highway 32, witnessed the accident. "I jumped up, looked out, and I could see the car rolling across the grass out here, flipping," he said.

Emergency crews removed Freeman and Meyer from the vehicle using the jaws of life. According to Williams, they were both airlifted to the Regional Medical Center in Memphis.

"There's no indication that either alcohol or drugs were involved," Williams said, adding that both Freeman and Meyer were wearing seat belts.

Clay McFerrin, editor of Sun Sentinel in Charleston, told the AP he arrived at the scene soon after the accident happened. McFerrin said it appeared that Freeman's car was airborne when it left the highway and landed in a ditch.

"They had to use the jaws of life to extract him from the vehicle," McFerrin said. "He was lucid, conscious. He was talking, joking with some of the rescue workers at one point.

The car landed in Lisa Hudson's front yard. Hudson quickly ran over to the car to help.

"I kind of grabbed his hand, and he was asking me to help him get out," she said.

Hudson was not the only person at the scene. McFerrin said bystanders converged, trying to get a glimpse of the actor. When one person tried to snap a photo with a cell phone camera, McFerrin said Freeman joked, "no freebies, no freebies."

Kathy Stringer, a spokesperson at The MED, said Freeman was listed in serious condition Monday morning. Bill Luckett, a business partner of Freeman's said the actor suffered a broken arm and had other injuries.

The AP reported the Maxima belonged to Meyer, a Memphis resident. She was released from the hospital Monday.

Freeman, who won an Academy Award for his performance in 2004's Million Dollar Baby, is a co-owner of the Ground Zero Blues Club in downtown Memphis. He can currently be seen in theaters in the Batman sequel The Dark Knight and the Angelina Jolie thriller Wanted.

Man... I wish I were in that car. Imagine Morgan Freeman narrating the car crash in real time!

Fuck, I hate talking on the phone. I hate it so much that I actually felt the need to drink copious amounts of alcohol before just getting on the fucking thing to set up a job interview.

Seemed to work fairly well though. Maybe I should drink before the interview as well.