The (Un)official write anything you want page

I was taken by ambulance to the ER with symptoms of a heart attack yesterday morning. All turned out to be ok, which is good. Even better, the night shift ER staff (and the day, to be honest) is crawling with amazing women. I also had a 74 year old woman shave my chest prior to a stress test. Cheap razor, dry. I have razor burn like you wouldn't believe.

I was taken by ambulance to the ER with symptoms of a heart attack yesterday morning. All turned out to be ok, which is good. Even better, the night shift ER staff (and the day, to be honest) is crawling with amazing women. I also had a 74 year old woman shave my chest prior to a stress test. Cheap razor, dry. I have razor burn like you wouldn't believe.

Christ! I hope you're doing alright and can drink when you're at HCIII!

The doctor actually told me to have a 6-pack for the game (here in Columbus, everyone assumes that all males are Buckeye fans and never miss a game). My wife gave him some shit for kidding around and he said he wasn't...my heart is in perfect condition and, aside from getting some rest, I should be fine.

that's great news dude ... glad that your're ok ... but what "signs" of a heart attack did you have?
It must have been something serious if it prompted you to get an ambulance.

that's great news dude ... glad that your're ok ... but what "signs" of a heart attack did you have?
It must have been something serious if it prompted you to get an ambulance.

I had been having some sweet chest pains (it felt like someone pushing on my heart) prior to going to bed on Wed. Thursday morning I woke around 3:30. In addition to the pain I was light-headed, a little nauseaus, and my left hand was numb (turns out that was from too much self-servicing :zombie:).

My wife woke up and was freaked out and, when I said I would wait to see my Dr. the next day, she reminded me that my dad waitied and had to be resuscitated...so we called 911. The firefighters were concerned that my blood pressure was high and said I should go in...it was better safe than sorry. I think they were just pissed that I woke them.

It was the numb hand more than anything. I woke around 3:30 and didn't call until about 5:00. I kept waiting for all the symptoms to subside but they didn't.

I wish I had cool stories to tell from work about lost limbs. Instead, I'm currently at work posting here and watching the Daily Show.

From my fish plant days:

One of the guys on the other side of the plant was on cleaning duty, he was cleaning one of the Toyos (fish gutting/de-boner/etc) and hadn't locked out, he bumped the on switch and his glove hit a spinning belt, sucked his whole arm in up to the shoulder through all the gears (luckily not the saws or he'd be dead). basically his arm was mangled to bits.

When I was working there, Somebody slipped on some ice in front of the cooler and lost their balance and split their skull open. Blood everywhere.

My dad's boss (plant manager) was trying to help fix a problem with the ice tower. Everyone said "don't put your head under there". Well... he did, the door came down on his neck like a guillotine. didn't break his neck luckily, and luckily the best forklift driver in the world was around, he has amazing reactions, grabbed the closest forklift and managed to lift the door up off his neck. He's luckily not to be paralyzed.

Day-shift: Somebody was dicking around onthe H&G Line, throwing fish. Thought it was funny. Then he hit somebodies elbow and their hand went into one of the saw blades and removed about 3/4 of it.

thats some of the stuff that pops to mind.

This makes me sad. An awesome song ruined by these schmucks (Sharlee D'Angelo is still hot)

Last edited by a moderator:
this song is all over the radio in NY ... its strangely hypnotic for some reason

Last edited by a moderator:
The reunion of Cynic has allowed me to become a bit closer to self-actualization. Focus was released my senior year of high school and *poof* they disappeared, leaving me to fill the void of my late teens with hot women. Such a waste!

the information yielded by some deep google searches of any given person can be a bit frightening. im glad i never blogged or really dug deep into multiple social networking sites, just fagspace.

The reunion of Cynic has allowed me to become a bit closer to self-actualization. Focus was released my senior year of high school and *poof* they disappeared, leaving me to fill the void of my late teens with hot women. Such a waste!

Another great insight just perfect for The Quotable Dorian