The (Un)official write anything you want page

I had stuff like that done recently but instead if carpet, I had new hardwoods installed in place of vinyl and I had the existing hardwoods refinished.

We're thinking of doing something similar here, at some point "wood floors" must not have been popular, so the wood god painted over. We want to remove the vinyl and get rid of the paint on the wood, then we'd have a nice hardwood floor. (and some annoyed neighbours :kickass:)

Yeah, to think that clean, allergy-free wood floors gave way to disgusting carpet and vinyl. When my grandparents built their house in the 1950s, they installed hardwoods and then immediately covered them with pink carpet. :erk:

the only room i'd really want a carpet in would be a bedroom so the floor isn't cold when i wake up in the winter

and maybe in a tv room just 'cause

other than that, hardwoods are king!

So, I had to put my Persian cat Leo to sleep today. He was an awesome cat, had him for around 10 years. Is it wrong to get physically upset over such a thing? Sure its an animal but it's an animal that was there to comfort me, even if mindlessly, through the pangs of high school and what is now a realistic adult life. I was always someone that had a lot of friends but when I went home each day I saw something that really needed me. Something that had a bit of sympathy. Is that ridiculous? It seems like a lot of people don't understand a connection to an animal like that. Honestly, it broke my heart today and I don't feel a damn sense of idiocy about it. Should I?

IMG_0061.jpg

Old and bad quality picture of the big healthy fucker. I miss the guy.

I didn't know you could buy true linoleum anymore.
That's pretty funny though, that the Swedes call it vinyl carpet.

Honestly, it broke my heart today and I don't feel a damn sense of idiocy about it. Should I?
Of course you shouldn't. And cats aren't mindless, few creatures (or at least mammals) are.

I didn't know you could buy true linoleum anymore.
That's pretty funny though, that the Swedes call it vinyl carpet.
We don't really, we usually speak Swedish and just shoot from the hip when it comes to your language and we can't find the word as we type... I blame Tranq for all of this, I just followed his lead!

So i was called to a job at a stone grinding plant to fix a machine last week. The job sounded pretty simple so like an idiot i didnt bother to isolate the machine from the main power supply because i thought it would only take 10 minutes. This press is used for crushing the most hardest of all stones.

Completely oblivious that i was working on this machine, one of the operators started up the press i was working on. It came down caught my index finger, turning my bones into powder instantly, and as a reflex i tried to pull my hand away and severed my finger. :cry:

Anyways, im just glad it didnt get my whole hand or my fucking head.

So i was called to a job at a stone grinding plant to fix a machine last week. The job sounded pretty simple so like an idiot i didnt bother to isolate the machine from the main power supply because i thought it would only take 10 minutes. This press is used for crushing the most hardest of all stones.

Completely oblivious that i was working on this machine, one of the operators started up the press i was working on. It came down caught my index finger, turning my bones into powder instantly, and as a reflex i tried to pull my hand away and severed my finger. :cry:

Anyways, im just glad it didnt get my whole hand or my fucking head.

Man... that's always my biggest fear at work. The people around me speak spanish, I don't, so I'm always worried that when I'm between a few press rollers, some asshole is going to press a button that's gonna send those heavy motherfuckers right on my hand, or worse.

I've already had incidents where I've locked out machines and assholes who don't understand what's going on cut the locks and turn on the power while I'm in the machine panel doing some wiring. Luckily, I've caught it every time. But one of these days, I know I'm gonna go flying across the floor when 300a goes right through me.

Ugh! What the fuck! Are you going to get any compensation considering you could have very easily have been turned to mush??? Sue that fucking idiot!

If i had been doing my job properly i would have isolated the machine. Completely my fault. I still jokingly made him feel pretty bad though :lol:

Man... that's always my biggest fear at work. The people around me speak spanish, I don't, so I'm always worried that when I'm between a few press rollers, some asshole is going to press a button that's gonna send those heavy motherfuckers right on my hand, or worse.

I've already had incidents where I've locked out machines and assholes who don't understand what's going on cut the locks and turn on the power while I'm in the machine panel doing some wiring. Luckily, I've caught it every time. But one of these days, I know I'm gonna go flying across the floor when 300a goes right through me.

Haha yeah i wouldnt trust those spanish speaking motherfuckers, this guy was Australian though hahah

Looking back now, i was sort of carefree with safety and i used to do some pretty stupid shit. But trust me, the pain is FUCKING UMBAREABLE. Its not worth it. A few little checks before starting on something can save a shitload of pain.