The (Un)official write anything you want page

I should have been at the factory an hour ago. I'm ignoring the fact that I have to go in today, as my entire shift will be like watching paint dry. There's this heating element on a laminating machine, had to replace it. The process being a hell unheard of, but the process of starting it the first time? Have to sit there and make sure as the oil inside heats up, it doesn't leak. For about 6 hours or so I've been told by the previous owner of this machine.

So I have to literally sit there and stare at this thing. If it does leak? I have to turn it off immeadiatly, and redo the entire process, this time with more thread sealant. If it doesn't leak? Tomorrow I have to sit there and watch people (mexicans) run the machine while making tiny adjustments to the speed, heat, and tension till it works right.

I'm almost wanting this thing to leak :/

The local fm talk radio station (Adam Carolla, Tim Conway Jr., Leykis) is being switched to Top 40. How many Pop, Reggaton, and Nighop, stations does this metropolis need?!?! :erk:

Satellite radio man. That's how I roll. Of course, thats entering bankruptcy, so who knows how much life it has left.

My radio presets now include 1 classical radio station and 1 conservative station, both of which I have to be in the mood for. There are NO other options. :erk:

Classic Rock = Primarily Shit
Reggaton = Go back to Mexico
Hip=Hop = Die of Aids
Alt. Rock = Cry yourself to sleep
Oldies = Shit music, Fuck the Beatles!
Ranchero Music = Chinga tu madres pinche putos!
Sports Radio = Ugh, who really gives a shit?
Liberal Radio = Faggot lovers
JackFM = Wtf?!?! :

Didn't Sirius and XM join forces to avoid bankruptcy?
Not that I listen to satellite radio. You guys are so bourgoise.

It's now known as SiriusXm, and still has it's back up against the ropes. Nobody is going to pay $20 a month (how much is this shit?) to listen to some lanky kike drool over a slew of slatterns. Ba-ba-fooey.

I cancelled my Netflix account, which was $18 a month. After looking at my rental history, I ended up paying like $18 per movie. If you're not paying attention, or not renting constantly, it's not really worth it.

i am down to the 1 movie out a time plan for $8 ... which also includes the 12000 or so instant movies you can stream if you got your pc hooked to your TV.

We are quite pleased to announce that we'll be playing the Aquarius Records/WFMU South By Southwest showcase on Saturday, March 20th.

Line up:
Time / Outdoor Stage / Indoor Stage
8p Wildildlife / XYX
9p Slough Feg / Mayyors
10p Absu / Renderers
11p Obits / Ovens
12p Major Stars / Woven Hand
1a Gunslingers / TBA

Spiros
611 Red River St
Austin, TX
3-20-09

I wish SXSW wasn't such a pain in the ass to attend. :mad:

i would seriously consider investing in Netflix if they were public ... they seem to be marching ahead and all ready for where media distribution is heading for a very reasonable price.

there are LCD sets out this year that will have Netflix Instant Watch linking built into the set.

compared with the cost of renting a movie from netflix, downloading every movie in the world for free is an absolute steal

Wow, terrible fucking interview. If I get this job, it will be nothing short of a miracle. One of the interviewers looked wholly apathetic, one looked like he hated me, and the other looked at me like he wanted to hook my balls up to a car battery. I wouldn't think too much of it had the guy before me not come out all smiles saying "Oh, that wasn't bad! They're so nice!" Did he blow them under the table? Wtf?

Among my amazing answers was this doozy.

Interviewer that hates me: "So how do you think your previous job of teaching at a conversation school will be different from teaching at a public school?"
A no longer confident me: "I'm sure it'll be really different. Uhhhhhh......there will be a board of education?....uhhh.....Yeah, it'll be really different."

And Dorian, why does the tap water in Nashville taste so fucking horrid? I'm not sure if I feel so shitty because a job I've wanted for years has just slipped between my fingers or because of the water in that town.

HUR
DEH ANTZIK KOHNTARKOSZ KREUHN KOHRMAHN
STOHT WURDAH MELEKAAHM
UZ, DEH ORKBAHNN KREUHN KOHRMAHN
ZËBËHN STRAIN DE GEUSTAAH WORTSIS, DA REUS STOAH

LAH WORTZ REISFUNK DEH WEHRESTEHGEUHNZUR,
UND, DEH BUNDEHR DRAKAIDA KOMMANDOH,
WUHR DI HEUL ZORTSUNG.
UTS FUR KALAIN, HIMEUHN ZËBËHN DEH REUSTIIHN,
EWEHN DEUH LANTSIN SLAKEHNDO

The water here tastes fine. I actually stopped using a filter because I like how the water tastes

The local fm talk radio station (Adam Carolla, Tim Conway Jr., Leykis) is being switched to Top 40. How many Pop, Reggaton, and Nighop, stations does this metropolis need?!?! :erk:

I'll take Top 40 over Leykis any day of the week. Carolla and Conway are pretty funny sometimes though so that's kinda sad. I used to listen to 97.1 all the time when I was a pup :cry:

I agree that Leykis is a total shitbag, I threw his name in there only because it's marquee. The true reason behind the crumbling of the format was revealed on the FHF, when Frank Kramer blurted out that CBS came to everyone to take a pay cut to keep the station afloat as advertiser revenue continues to spiral downward in this rough economy. Every host accepted to take a significant pay cut for the love of their station, profession, and all their co-workers who didn't have the benefit of a guaranteed contract. That is everyone, but Tom Leykis.

It boggles my mind that people adhere to this man's word as if he were a prophet.

Topic_A_Tom_Leykis.jpg