The (Un)official write anything you want page

This thead perfectly illustrates why I check this forum damn near everyday, and the only one that has literally had me laughing out fucking loud. I've gotten yelled at in the office so many times for literally bursting into laughter at the comments you jews make :lol:

See, what you're looking at here is the perfect example of British HumoUr: them limeys have the uncanny ability to tell you to fuck off in the worst possible way while making you laugh your ass off at the same time.

The really good kind can walk up to a man, explain how he just fucked his mother, sister, and favorite cat in a 4-way, get the guy to laugh, walk away calmly, and then 5 minutes later the brute says "hey wait a second...!" because he just barely figured it out.

If there was none of this magnanimity in war, we should go to war only when it was worth while going to certain death, as now. Then there would not be war because Paul Ivanovich had offended Michael Ivanovich. And when there was a war, it would be war! And then the determination of the troops would be quite different. War is not courtesy but the most horrible thing in life; and we ought to understand that and not play at war. We ought to accept this terrible necessity sternly and seriously. It all lies in that: get rid of falsehood and let war be war and not a game. As it is now, war is the favorite pastime of the idle and frivolous.

Doomcifer said:
If there was none of this magnanimity in war, we should go to war only when it was worth while going to certain death, as now. Then there would not be war because Paul Ivanovich had offended Michael Ivanovich. And when there was a war, it would be war! And then the determination of the troops would be quite different. War is not courtesy but the most horrible thing in life; and we ought to understand that and not play at war. We ought to accept this terrible necessity sternly and seriously. It all lies in that: get rid of falsehood and let war be war and not a game. As it is now, war is the favorite pastime of the idle and frivolous.

Tolstoy?

Erik said:
Motörhead "1916" is an amazing and spinechilling truly emotional song and I like it a lot

that was a real surprise when it came out
I used to listen to it drunk after I came home from the pub without a hole in tow, kind of comparing not getting a drunken ride to the horrors of WWI and its a twisted perspective but hey...