The (Un)official write anything you want page

csi1115.gif

really interesting.
Im not sure how Im supposed to feel about it though. Still living in 1994, Im a little out of touch with reality. Sure, I realize that your average consumer and Apple combined to ruin alot of things, least of which was the music industry, but I can also understand that those same assholes never listened to music in the first place. They're just consumers of whatever theyre told to buy. So they no longer had to buy a $15 album of crap to listen to one "hit" song? I cant say I blame them. Is the death of the music industry going to put the kibosh on actual bands? I dont know. Most of the people I listen to still have day jobs (see Devin Townsend raking leaves out of his truck bed for an example) so I dont think thats going to change.

I went to Best Buy yesterday to listen to some speakers (again) and I paused in the CD aisle to see what was available....and there was nothing. I remember when there were like 12 rows of CDs. Now there's three. I couldn't even find some Metallica discs. That bothered me a bit.

But fuck it. The same people who are "killing" the music industry are the same retards who downloaded ringtones a few years ago. In other words, theyre people who dont really need to exist. Let them kill the industry. Theyll move on to whatever crap comes next....like indie rock. :loco:

dealt with workers belonging to them a lot in my previous jobs.

i have nothing good to say about them.

I never had any respect for unions growing up because in Ohio, all I ever heard were stories of UAW peeps getting paid unholy amounts of money to sit around and read the paper haha
I dont know if that was true or not, of course

Ken has a good point in that the labor environment has changed so much that unions aren't really necessary

Unions had their place and time. Nowadays they should be obsolete with all the crazy labor laws and such. It's just another business making empty promises in the pursuit to make more money.

Furthermore, unions and with their clout and sometimes muscle and unseemly ties to organized crime (I'm not sure if this is as common now as a generation or two ago) bully companies into paying through the nose, which ends up having serious deleterious influences on profits, policy, treatment of non-union employees within the company, etc.

unions these days are bogus. just working in NYC and seeing/hearing what goes down with all of that shit... OI!

unfortunately i live off the grid, working like/with Mexicans. how's that for IRONY