The Video Game Thread

bollocks i loved RE4 on ps2, whats so bad bout new one?

its slow, awkward, restrictive, boring.

I LIKED Re4, but i absolutely loved 1 and 2. They need to re-think the format of Resi Evil and what made it so fucking classic. It's become just another shooting game. Fuck off Capcom.

I´ll have to try it for myself, Did you guys ever see the videos of what was meant to be RE4? it was so much better than what they ended up makin........

yeah matt showed me that, would have been much better. Still sticking to the original 'view' idea, but making it 3d.

i just wish they'd make one in the style of RE2 again. they KNOW it'd be popular, just modernize it.

Its the atmosphere of the game though, the first ones just make you jump specially playing them alone, but the re4 style just seems like a shooter, it doesnt have that survival horror thing we all love.
I really liked code veronica, if you havent played that, do it NOW!

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh... Looks a bit gash still. The scares weren't great at all. :lol:

Now... The Orphanage level of Painkiller: Battle out of Hell. That worried me a bit. When I played first time in year 9 it scared me shitless :lol:

Was pitch black, only the light of your character walking round, ghost pops up, carry on a bit, then "stop it!" O_O, kids start attacking you so you pull out your chainsaw laser thing and start hacking them to pieces. It's mental. They make crying noises and such, it's really horrible and awesome all at the same time.

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9fXbm3ztniA[/ame]

The guy playing has the brightness turned up and runs through the level, no fun!

Painkillers proves that those silly orphans are no match for shotguns!

I'm going to hell.

i still think Silent Hill 1 was the first genuienly terrifying game. I literally shit myself playing that game. I still get chills if i play it now.

infact most silent hill games are fucking class.

it had some revolutionary games! theyre awesome

MGS
silent hill
destruction derby 2
wipeout 2097
FF7
Resi 1 n 2
Tekken 2
Bushido Blade
Abe's Odyssey
Tomb Raider 1 n 2
Driver
GTA
BROKEN SWORD 1 n 2
Parappa the Rapper
Gran Turismo
TENCHU
Ace Combat 2
Soul Blade

i had all those. brilliant games

it had some revolutionary games! theyre awesome

MGS
silent hill
destruction derby 2
wipeout 2097
FF7
Resi 1 n 2
Tekken 2
Bushido Blade
Abe's Odyssey
Tomb Raider 1 n 2
Driver
GTA
BROKEN SWORD 1 n 2
Parappa the Rapper
Gran Turismo
TENCHU
Ace Combat 2
Soul Blade

i had all those. brilliant games

I think I've said it a couple times on this board, but I've been playing the MGS series since I was about 6 or 7.

I'm a HUUUGGEEE fan

Ol you just won at life for FFVII, Bushido Blade and Oddowlrd. Fucking class, you have taste.

I hate those assholes who rip on FFVII. Its a class fucking game, if they actually sat down and got into it they'd realise that.