The Video Game Thread

*Pablo gains 96 EXP, finds 400G and collects 1 Elixir. Pablo learns new tech, "Ex-Xbox"*

:lol:

" "s avenge *s' death"

How is Resident Evil 5 anyway? Part of my General Action Plan for Life (it's a proper plan, I got it in a bound book and everything!) over the next few months involves getting an Xbox 360, and this will probably be an early purchase along with SFIV and Rock Band/Guitar Hero. I'll probably get the lates COD game too, as a bunch of my mates play it. I'm not into FPSs so much, but it's a larf.

im in two minds about parting with cash for RE5, i love the old style resi evil. i never played resi4 so im not used to the gameplay change, i played the resi5 demo and thought it was bollocks. not THE bollocks, just bollocks.

but if i played the full game maybe it would change my mind....

anyone played it?

Resi 4 was differen, in a good way I think. To be fair, the story was as good as any other. The main differences, for me, were the moving camera, the massive step up in the AI, and the fact that you occasionally had do to something during a cutscene with no prior warning, which I thought was pretty funny. One of the bonus features was practically another game too, which was a nice touch. You can probably get it for a fiver off ebay by now.

Hated the RE5 demo it was a pile of ass and shit.

Just finished MadWorld like an hour ago. Awesome game.

Ive played 39 hours of resident evil 5, I completed it on normal and veteran modes. Played mercenaries(which is like a bonus you get at the end, they give you an amount of time to kill as many "zombies" as you can). Its a fun game, if you end up buyin it play it with a friend in coop, its the best way to play it. And dont expect a resident evil game like the ones you remember from the PS1. This is a clone of RE4 with better graphics, just action. Overall I would say I really enjoyed it, but not as a Resident Evil game.

i played the demo and haaated it, theres was too many bad points, like i had no ammo and it was hard to aim as im used to other games, and why the hell cant you aim and run? run with knife? and not die constantly lol but the graphics were good

Hahahaha I just saw this!!

Cheers mate! I was quite prod of that one, and a bit disappointed when no one noticed it :ill:

resi evil 4 was a big change but was very cool and the 1st time you have to do an action in a cut scene i died, never put the controller down during a cut scene

Yeah I thought that was a nice touch!

Does anyone else wish they'd start spending more time on gameplay and stories than graphics? All anyone talks about is graphics these days, in fact I'm suprised it hasn't been mentioned more in this thread. Seriously, as I mentioned before I still play Rock 'N' Roll Racing on a regular basis, and it kicks fucking ass! Doesn't look nearly as nice as Colin McRae Rally or Toca 2 or whatever, but it's loads more fun. I have a bunch of Commodore 64 games I never actually finished because they were that involved it took to long (and there was never a save feature). Then you get stuff like Tomb Raider 4, which looks lovely but lasts about a day.

^ Absolutely. final Fantasy VII is a prime example - amazing story, fuckloads of stuff to do, gant graphics. The FMVs are lovely, but the ingame graphics are pretty shit (even though it may have been considered 'revolutionary' in 1997).

Dragon Valor is another game thats got juicy as shit gameplay and some longevity, and sacrifices graphics for it. The character models look like thei're made out of Duplo blocks, but the games so fucking good that you just don't care. Metal Gear Solid howevr, has good graphics (well, for its time/the Twin Snakes edition does) but its shorter than a gnat's penis.

Exactly Dave, FFVII is a great example! The ingame graphics are sketchy as fuck, I assume it's because it was new technology for the time, but the game fucking rocks! I'd rather wait six months longer for a good game than have a half arsed game that looks great now.