The Video Game Thread

I´ll get it too. I see it as a god of war with a metal theme. But it aint gonna be as epic as GoW III.

Metroid is a great saga. 2D and 3D. Metroid, Megaman and Castlevania are my holy trinity.

Jus found this on IGN.

Report: Xbox 360 Failure Rate Reaches 54%
New survey says Microsoft's Red Ring of Death contines to rise.
by Jim Reilly

August 17, 2009 - If your Xbox 360 hasn't broken down yet or suffered from the dreaded red ring of death, then consider yourself pretty lucky.

A new survey published in Game Informer's print edition indicates the Xbox 360 failure rate has climbed to a shocking 54.2%. The magazine surveyed nearly 5000 readers, asking them about their experience dealing with broken consoles.

Here are their findings:

Console failure rate

Xbox 360 – 54.2%
Playstation 3 – 10.6%
Wii – 6.8%

Percentage of console owners who suffered a second hardware failure after the original repair.

Xbox 360 – 41.2%
Playstation 3 – 14.7%
Wii – 11%

Percentage of people who rate their customer service experience "very helpful"

Nintendo – 56.1%
Sony – 51.1%
Microsoft – 37.7%

Percentage of respondents whose friends have had console hardware failures.

Xbox 360 – 69.9%
Playstation 3 – 12.4%
Wii – 6%

The magazine also makes a few notes about their results:

The reason the Wii has the lowest hardware failure rate could be because console is played the least of the three. 41.4% of Wii owners surveyed said they play the console less than one hour a day, meanwhile the majority of Xbox 360 (40.3%) and Playstation 3 (37%) owners say they play their console on an average of three to five hours day.

Also, only 3.8% of respondents said they'd never buy another Xbox system because of the failure rates.

You know. All this technology. Your new super console fucks up in a matter of months? year? My Snes stills plays perfectly and the thing is 17 years old. Its retarded.

ah i had my ps3 stop reading discs. its always the bluray diode that fucks up with ps3's. if its under a year old sony should replace it for free within a few days. if you've got a 60gb ps3 its a different story though an you'll most likely have to pay for the repair unless you bought insurance from whatever shop you got yr ps3 from. good luck anyway pablokers

I've got a 60GB atm. On my second one so far, sony came and replaced in like two days. I've had it for more than a year now so if this one packs in I'll get one of the new Slim models.

I've also got a 360 that flashed the red ring of death at me once but it's worked fine since. :s

Jus found this on IGN.

Report: Xbox 360 Failure Rate Reaches 54%
New survey says Microsoft's Red Ring of Death contines to rise.
by Jim Reilly

August 17, 2009 - If your Xbox 360 hasn't broken down yet or suffered from the dreaded red ring of death, then consider yourself pretty lucky.

A new survey published in Game Informer's print edition indicates the Xbox 360 failure rate has climbed to a shocking 54.2%. The magazine surveyed nearly 5000 readers, asking them about their experience dealing with broken consoles.

Here are their findings:

Console failure rate

Xbox 360 – 54.2%
Playstation 3 – 10.6%
Wii – 6.8%

Percentage of console owners who suffered a second hardware failure after the original repair.

Xbox 360 – 41.2%
Playstation 3 – 14.7%
Wii – 11%

Percentage of people who rate their customer service experience "very helpful"

Nintendo – 56.1%
Sony – 51.1%
Microsoft – 37.7%

Percentage of respondents whose friends have had console hardware failures.

Xbox 360 – 69.9%
Playstation 3 – 12.4%
Wii – 6%

The magazine also makes a few notes about their results:

The reason the Wii has the lowest hardware failure rate could be because console is played the least of the three. 41.4% of Wii owners surveyed said they play the console less than one hour a day, meanwhile the majority of Xbox 360 (40.3%) and Playstation 3 (37%) owners say they play their console on an average of three to five hours day.

Also, only 3.8% of respondents said they'd never buy another Xbox system because of the failure rates.

That was cool. Thanks for posting that. (I'm one of that 10% on the PS3 side....)

And yes Dave, Microsoft is a failure.

I remember when I was skeptic on wether to buy a 360 or a PS3. Then when I looked in some online shops at prices and so on I realised the thing that was selling the most wasnt a game or the fuckin console, it was the additional fan you put in the back so the thing doesnt melt. That day I decided PS3.

I need one of those fans for my ps3! :lol:

Mine gets bloody hot on the right hand side under the curve. :/

can you buy xbox shape controllers for psp?

ps3-xbox-360-controller.jpg

top.jpg

Can't buy them, you have to make them.

I need one of those fans for my ps3! :lol:

Mine gets bloody hot on the right hand side under the curve. :/

hahahahahahaha. Its a wonder why they dont put even more fans inside it or liquid nitrogen or something. And that PS3 slim looks like its gonna fry too. The ventilation has to be smaller so......