The Video Game Thread

I haven't bothered playing it, I'm told it's thoroughly average.

I've just heard they're remaking Goldeneye for the 360, re-doing graphics, proper online multiplayer, proper controls. Should be old-time-tastic.

:OMG: Goldeneye is the game I have probably played the most on multiplayer. Pistols, 1 shot death, scenario: stacks :kickass:

Awesome Idea to remake it with online multiplayer

You'd have to get a 360 to play it anyway, it'll be an Xbox Live Arcade game if it ever gets that far.
Apparently the only thing in its way now is Nintendo being dickheads about it.

"The agreement between the parties allowed the game to be developed almost to completion before Nintendo's Japanese boss Satoru Iwata decided that under absolutely no circumstances would Nintendo allow the game to see release on another platform. While Ninty apparently have neither rights to the code nor any legal means to block the release, it's rumoured that the threat to Activision's relationship with Nintendo was enough for them to disband the project."
screenshot_193248.jpg

"The agreement between the parties allowed the game to be developed almost to completion before Nintendo's Japanese boss Satoru Iwata decided that under absolutely no circumstances would Nintendo allow the game to see release on another platform. While Ninty apparently have neither rights to the code nor any legal means to block the release, it's rumoured that the threat to Activision's relationship with Nintendo was enough for them to disband the project."
screenshot_193248.jpg

God that picture brings back memories. 11 years ago I first played that. Half my life ago lol.

nice screenshot!!!!
The graphics look a lot better too, look at thpse mountains in the back! :OMG:

Too bad they shot it down, guess I´ll have to dig in my basement to find my 64 now :lol:

Las night, me and a friend managed to finish this game, I only got introduced to Contra on the SNES(Contra III: The Alien Wars). So we decided we should start completing Nes games that we never could when we where cheeky little buggers.

contra-nes.jpg

Double Dragon is next, but thats gonna be a hard one :kickass:

Ooooowwwww !! CONTRA !!!! That was crazy as hell,i played it with hours on my Atari ! I love this game.

These days I'm playing (on various consoles)

Super Street Fighter II
The King of Fighters '95
Final Fantasy VI (Final Fantasy III in America)
Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter
Strider
Tekken 3
Sonic 3
Super Star Wars
Super Star Wars; The Empire Strikes Back
Super Star Wars; Return of the Jedi
And some 100+ other fighting games.

they are remaking golden axe for the 360 too.

Completely remeaking it or just for Xbox Live Arcade? That game was awesome and you can already get it on XLA.

I've been playing various sports games with some [not actually related] relatives lately. NHL Hitz for the most part, gotta love that game. Urban Freestyle Soccer. I like it, most other people don't. Some Pro-Evo 5 (anyone else think this game is too realistic; too hard to score goals, make passes etc.)? And a demo of some NFL game.

They'd best not be remaking Golden Axe. the game is good enough as it is, we don't need game companies fucking up clasic titles for the sake of cahsing in on the name.

Fuck Xbox I'll stick to my Sega.

Completely remeaking it or just for Xbox Live Arcade? That game was awesome and you can already get it on XLA.

I've been playing various sports games with some [not actually related] relatives lately. NHL Hitz for the most part, gotta love that game. Urban Freestyle Soccer. I like it, most other people don't. Some Pro-Evo 5 (anyone else think this game is too realistic; too hard to score goals, make passes etc.)? And a demo of some NFL game.

Good to see there are some fans of Golden Axe on here.

Yes they are remaking it, its called Beastrider and its supposed to come out this year. I found some more info on it...

SEGA's fantasy adventure of blades and magic returns with this re-incarnation of the Golden Axe franchise. Golden Axe: Beast Rider delivers action-RPG thrills as a small band of Riders embark on an epic adventure to recruit allies, expose the enemy and prevent the annihilation of their breed. Delivering an intense and unique combat experience, players charge into battle on the backs of ferocious beasts or take their chances with the enemy while on foot. Fighting skill, wits and even magic are all called into action as players immerse themselves in the struggle to defeat an evil intent on enslaving the remains of civilization.

So anyone playing GTA IV? Im surprised nobody has said anything about it yet. I own a copy and let me tell you that its fuckin breath-taking. Same as always but better graphics, more violence, sex, drugs, etc :loco:

So anyone playing GTA IV? Im surprised nobody has said anything about it yet. I own a copy and let me tell you that its fuckin breath-taking. Same as always but better graphics, more violence, sex, drugs, etc :loco:

best game ever.