The Video Game Thread

Im just sick of shooters, plus I think my fav so far for PS3 is Killzone 2. Thats why Im getting Red Dead Redemption. It looks so good, its likem GTA only cooler and set in the old west. It looks amazing. Heres a trailer for you guys, where it basically explains what the game will be about.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope so, if it is like GTA, then there will be loads of missions and locations, and side quests to do. But the thing about GTA is that youre in the city , and obviously youre not going to be able to go into every building but here.....youre in the dessert and theres forests too so you WILL be able to explore everything, go into every building aswell. Cant wait to hijack a train!!!! It looks so action packed!!!

0.jpg

:lol:

Exactly, thats Dr. Wily, the bad guy in Mega Man, he has all sorts of machines at his disposal. I just think he would be a great addition to the roster, a different character, coz we have already had megaman, Zero and Roll from that franchise. Maybe the will throw in Protoman, thats my best guess. I would love to see Arthur from Ghosts & Goblins. Imagine losing your armour and having to fight Deadpool in your boxer shorts. Now thats entertainment.

Alright, time for a bit of Final Fantasy.

I beat FFXIII a few days ago after being really bored and saying "fuck it, I'll show my sister the ending on youtube, I'm not waiting till she gets back from grandma's" :lol:

The ending was actually fairly satisfying..... A BIG twist that made you go :OMG: but that was quickly rescinded. Overall, a nice ending I guess, but I'm just a sucker for happy endings. :p

Final grade 6/10

Got back on FF7 and watched Aerith die, and now in some snowy area. The plot for this game still confuses me though. :\

Anyone play FF8? Or 9? Are they any good? I've seen mixed reviews (not that they determine whether I buy them or not, but still). I haven't played those yet and was thinking of getting them......

Keenan, finish FFVIIso you know what to do and where to go, then do a straight playthrough - the storyis amazing

As for 8 and 9, both are fucking marvelous in their own ways - 8 is very unconventional, it has a junctioning system to raise your stats and you 'draw' magic from enemies instead of learning them. The juction system is a fucking nightmare at the very beginning, but once you grasp it it's a wonder. You also have to build your own weapon at synthesis shops - so for example, if you want to get a better sword for the lead character then you'd need to obtain four screws and a steel pipe (don't call me on that,it's an example haha) and then give the weapons maker about 600gil and voila! It's a fucking amazing game, but the storyline is fucking retarded. After the third disc it gets completely ridiculous, so just enjoy it for what it is.

FF9 is probably the most straightforward out of these three games. To learn skills or spells, simply equip an item that 'contains' the skill/spell you want to learn and get the neccessary AP in battles, then once it's learnt you can swap it out for something else. Synthesis for items and wepaons is still present but not to such a huge degree - insted of requiring screws, pipes, dragon fangs etc. you just need two existing items. For example, to make the Ogre blade, just synthesise two Mage Masher daggers. Nice and straightforward way of doing things, the storyline is really easy to follow (REALLY easy) and it's not as futuristic as 7 or 8, instead being more olde timey medieval sorta looking. Really fucking amazing game.

I'll be perfectly honest Keenan, Final fantasies 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 are essential. Fucking incredible games. FF2 is too fucking stupid (though the recent rereleases made it too easy and over simplified), FF3 is hard as tits and Final fantasy X-2, while a good game in it's on right, is far too girly for most people to stomach. Final Fantasy 11 was an online RPG ala World of Warcraft so don't bother there, and FF12 is the worst FF game ever made. Fact. And 13 is pretty shitty too. If you can, try and play some of the spinoffs - Crisis Core is an amazing game on PSP if you've finished 7, and Finl Fantasy Tactics is a really good strategy game.

I'm THE biggest FF nerd around, I swear hahaha

I may challenge you for that title! :lol:

I have 1, 2, 4 and 5 on my GBA, I LOVED 4 and 5, 1 was ok, and 2 sucked. :lol: Never played 6, I may Amazon the GBA version so I can play that one, 11 is an MMO soooo...... pass. 8 and 9 have been on my to get list for a while now.... 8 is on the PSN Store for $9.99 so I may get that next week. And for you information FF13 is the worst FF ever made, not 12. Actually, to be completely honest, I loved 12. Go figure. :p