The Video Game Thread

Thats what I would do, yes....... But if you REALLY want to play it, rent or borrow it first.... Just a thought.

Almost done with BioShock again. :lol: Also, the demo for Enslaved is very promising, anyone else think so?

5h. 40min.

Been grinding for about an hour and a half. Cloud 15, Barret 14 and Tifa 14. Cloud got limit break lvl 2 and the others 1-2. Now leaving Midgar. Hope I've benn grinding enough:p

GRIND MORE

FFVI Update: 23 hours in, re-recruited allcharacters in the World of Ruin - secret characters Umaro and Gogo included - with the exception of Gau and Strago, who aren't exactly difficulttoget. I just can't be bothered yet. Took a quick snoop around Kefka's tower which resulted in kicking Atma's ass and looting some tasty treasures until I realised how severely underlevelled I was. So I need to level everyone up, finish the Cultists' Tower, do the Dreamscape and Ancient Castle sidequests, kill the 8 Dragons (though I think I killed one or two already), and then make sure everyone has learnt all their spells and abilities - except for Gau and Strago since you can't learn every coded Rage and Lore without a cheat device.

Not done bad for about a days worth of playtime really.

Ok, so apparently I wasn't getting out of Midgar yet... Gotta save Aerith first:p
SO what's levels do you recomend before saving her ad what levels before leaving Midgar?

Ok, so apparently I wasn't getting out of Midgar yet... Gotta save Aerith first:p
SO what's levels do you recomend before saving her ad what levels before leaving Midgar?

So if you have to save Aerith first, that means you're either at Wall Market for the second time or you're just around the Shinra building, correct?

I'd say get everyone up to around Level 20 - 30 just to be extra safe. Yeah, it'll take a lot of time BUT it'll also make things a hell of a lot easier for awhile. As mentioned, be sure to get Tifa and Barrets Level 2-1 Limit Breaks.

One very important thing I must stress to you is to use the Steal Materia often. This is possibly jumping ahead a bit, but in the Shinra building there're enemies called SOLDIER 3rd which carry a weapon for Cloud called Hardedge, which is the strongest weapon he can equip for a very long time (you don't get that weapon in shops etc. until Junon, which is about 1/3 the way through disc 1). Get that and it'll make your life a lot easier.

Be thankful it's just delayed and not cancelled.

FFVI Update: Raided a few places for goodies and treasure, still got to retrieve Gau and Strago but y;know... fuck those guys. Currently levelling right the fuck up - I told a few fellow FFVI enthusiasts at the pub today about my 24 hour streak so far and they shit bricks, saying they'd never reached the World of Ruin in anything under 28+ hours. They obviously suck dongs, but it made me feel cool for a few minutes :lol:

LittleBIGPlanet 2 got delayed till January. :(
I has a sad. :(

Well thats not much of a delay. :D Im sure it will come out. Delay is what Aliens: Colonial Marines has had since day one. I cant wait for it even though it was announced 7 years ago. I want it naaaaooooo!!!!!!

Duke Nukem Forever? :p

Gathering rare items in FF8, almost have enough to make everyones ultimate weapons. Dave, do I need a Weapon Magazine to do that? All the guides and stuff don't mention one, so I assume no?

Also, Deep Sea Research Center is cool as hell.

Nah you don't need the magazines to synthesize weapons - just the neccessary tools and items. You beaten Ultima Weapon yet?

FFVI Update: Only played for another hour or so, but I've finished Cyan's Dreamscape (and thus obtained all eight Swordtechs, BOOYA), finished the Ancient Castle and obtained a few new Magicite shards. Espers are a pain in the tits at this point in the game because all the good spells have a learning rate of x1 :(

Duke Nukem Forever? :p

Gathering rare items in FF8, almost have enough to make everyones ultimate weapons. Dave, do I need a Weapon Magazine to do that? All the guides and stuff don't mention one, so I assume no?

Also, Deep Sea Research Center is cool as hell.

Yeah, I was like on the edge of my seat for PAX beacause they were gonna do something big and it was DNF. Its cool and all but........I want Aliens, Godammit!