The Video Game Thread

Gotta say I almost completely disagree with that list. From playing the games since I was like, eight, I'd go for;

VI/VII (definitely a draw, this is way too hard to decide)
I
VIII
V
IV
IX
X
III (the NES version, not the pussywhipped DS remake)
II
X-2 (only so low on the list because of how fucking girly it is - if it wasn't for that, it'd be far higher up)
XII
XI/XIII (fucking dreadful)

On a seperate note, FUCK Guilty Gear X2 #Reload! How you're supposed to complete some of those story paths are fucking beyond me - I'd hardly call it fair to pitch one of the game's lower-mid tier characters against a top tier character with boss powers (i.e. increased speed and strength, extra moves that are fucking lethal/they don't usually have and fucking relentless AI). This makes fighting Bison in Street Fighter 2 on 8 Star difficulty look like a fucking walk in the park.

Those missions are pretty fucking maddening too - one such mission puts you playing a Zappa (protip: Zappa sucks dick) with full health, starting off with a full tension bar and the ability to damage the enemy with normal, special, dead angle and overdrive attacks with only handicap being placed upon the instant kill technique. On top of that, the enemy is Potemkin who is A. Fucking massive, therefore hard to miss, B. Slow and C. only has one point of health out of the usual 420. He has boss powers but fuck it, one point right? Nope. In order for you to do any damage to him, no matter how slight, you need to deal a combo of over 10 - which means you need to pull off and 11 hit combo (with fucking ZAPPA) in order to win.

It doesn't help that even though #Reload is a revision of the original Guilty Gear X2 - supposedly to help re-balance and fine tune certain character's strength, speed etc. - some characters are still completely broken. Eddie has the most strength in the whole game, he's no.1 on the top tier so even when you're playing against him on a relatively easy difficulty with a character you're good with he can still beat the shit out of you due to his high strength level. Slayer has an infinite throw/combo loop with the AI exploits quite mercilessly now and then and of course, there's the aforementioned Boss I-No who, quite frankly, is one of the hardest fights you'll ever face in a videogame. No matter how good you are with your character, you're going to have trouble with her.

Bull-fucking shit. Fuck this game.

Why the hell is FF1 so high? :lol: Oh well, opinions opinions.

Also, I think I have that game for my PSP.... It came with Guilty Gear Judgement.... Or something like that.

Why? Fuck you, that's why. The first FF game is one of the best.

Yeah I think #Reload came with Judgement. Give it a go and come back when you realise for yourself just how fucking ridiculous it is. I used to be so good at it too :(

True, but all the most of the rest of them are better. :p

Anyone else planning on getting Medal of Honor? I just read that singleplayer is roughly FOUR HOURS LONG. WHAT THE FUCK. :yuk:

I played the shit out of MoH1, Underground and Allied Assault. I don't remember much about Frontline, but my Limited Edtion copy of the new Medal of Honor will have a download code for it. :p

Chekc this out! LOL

Its Divers vs Sharks basically.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was the first thing I thought of when I saw it. :lol:

Also, started FF9 this morning and I really like it so far. 3 hours in, and poor Vivi is stuck in a hole. :lol: The battle system seems kinda slow, but the battle theme is immense! I've already fallen in love with the four characters so far. Steiner, and his need to rescue Garnet(Dagger?), Vivi, and his...... Strangeness, Garnet(Dagger?) and her quest to understand people and cultures, and Zidane who kinda reminds me of Jack Sparrow with his swashbuckling attitude. :lol:

One complaint though...... Why does everyone have to look like children!?