The Video Game Thread

Finished my second play through of New Vegas. I found the Dead Money expansion to be extremely frustrating...at least I didn't break another controller this time. Playing Civilization Revolution until Dead Space comes in through gamefly.

That's a point, I recently got given my brother's Xbox 360 so has anybody got any recommendations for me? Currently the only games I'm interested in whatsoever are on XBLA.

I'd say Halo 3 but I don't like them. Don't have an Xbox either, however I am currently looking forward to MK 9 so you could give that a whirl? Might not be to your fighting tastes though.

@ Dave, I'm done with disc three. All's I needs to do is head to Terra. Already did all the shrine stuff.

@ Chipmonk, I agree! :heh:

@ Zerostatic, I agree that Dead Money was aggrevating. The Cloud was an annoying idea to keep you from exploring too much too early I guess. Still got in the way too often. I really loved the setting though. The Sierra Madre reminded me of a place I vacationed in last year. :D

@Dave again, BIOSHOCK! As for some multiplatform games..... Red Dead Redemption, Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion, Assassin's Creed 1/2, Fallout 3 and Medal of Honor.

Word of advice; Buy 99 of everything before you head to Terra, because a lot of places will be inaccessible on Disc 4 and therefore, some items will no longer be avilable to you.

Also, no FPS games. had enough of them to last me a lifetime.

Okay, so there goes..... One of the games on that list. :lol:

Fallout 3 and Oblivion are first person, but they aren't FPS'. But both demand a shitload of playing time to really feel like you've accomplished anything. Like good RPG's do. :p

BioShock.... Is, I GUESS, an FPS, but not in the normal fashion. Seriously, just play it, you won't regret it.

Oblivion I can see you not likeing if you go into it expecting Final Fantasy, which you probably arn't.
Bioshock is worth playing for the story alone, unless someone has spoiled it for you.

Other than that just get all the Metal Slug games off the arcade ^^

That's probably the only 360 exclusive game that I'd want to play. None of the others really appeal to me.

Dave, you should try out Dead Space as well! Fucking amazing game.

good lad!

On a simialr topic, I bought Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection yesterday. Even though I've JUST finished FFIV on the PSone, this one is different enough to keep me entertained and make me play it again - not to mention it comes with the FFIV Interlude chapter and the entirety of The After Years as well, so it'll keep me pleased for a bit. Hopefully this time I'll actually get a fucking PinkPuff tail!

I got Crisis Core too, which is what most of my time has been spent on... but fuck me, this game is huge. I'm 7 hours in and I'm not even 10% through completion? FUUUU-

Dissidia is good as well, though it's extremely tricky to get the hang on. The blocking/evading thing is very awkward and nigh on impossible to master.

Dissidia seemed kinda cool from the demo I played. I never got around to buying it for some reason though.