The Video Game Thread

Glad to see Sony finally give us a timeline for PSN being back. Basic services are hopefully going back up sometime this week with the store coming back up later in the month. All users get a free month of PSN+ and some other stuff too apparently.

Ok, so whos gonna buy Duke Nukem Forever? I cant fuckin wait, got my first access club code, hopefully i will have my hands on a demo soon.

I leave you some videos here, enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, totally. Been looking forward to this for yonks. Then it got stopped and then it came back and givena release date and I was happy again!

Played through Duke Nukem 3D in preperation ^^

Man, totally. Been looking forward to this for yonks. Then it got stopped and then it came back and givena release date and I was happy again!

Played through Duke Nukem 3D in preperation ^^

Me too! I fuckin looked everywhere for my original cd hahaha. Then downloaded this mod called eduke32 which improves the graphics and the resolution, configures the controls to standard FPSs of nowadays and some other cool stuff. When I started playing I seemed to remember everything even though I hadnt played it for 10 years lol.

I've...... actually never played any Duke Nukem game.
:err:

Just finished disc 1 of FF8. Love that game so much.

I've...... actually never played any Duke Nukem game.
:err:

Just finished disc 1 of FF8. Love that game so much.

Thats because ur too young. When I was 10 my dad bought me Duke3D only knowing that it was selling like crazy. Imagine when I found out you could tip strippers and they showed you their boobs. Duke Nukem 3D was a milestone in gaming entertainment. You should play it Keenan. Even though u will find it old I guess. Its that kind of game where you had to be there to really understand why it is so great.

I can only imagine. :lol:

I restarted Fallout : New Vegas out of boredom. Great game is great. Four hours in, and I already have 30+ bottles of Sunset Sarsaparilla. :lol: On my last save, I had over 180. :lol:

Again, I just got FF1 for PSP and discovered this epic glitch that literally allows you to create weapons and armour out of thin air. That said, I'm 3 hours in, only at Lv.19 and I'm already up to Lich in the Earth Shrine.

I rule :lol:

Again, I just got FF1 for PSP and discovered this epic glitch that literally allows you to create weapons and armour out of thin air. That said, I'm 3 hours in, only at Lv.19 and I'm already up to Lich in the Earth Shrine.

I rule :lol:

:lol: EPIC.
I have FF1 and 2 for the GBA, are the PSP versions any different/better?

:lol: EPIC.
I have FF1 and 2 for the GBA, are the PSP versions any different/better?

Better sound/graphics obviously, but aside from that it mostly just an extra dungeon (on top of the DoS ones on the GBA remake), new translation and the aforementioned epic glitch. I have both FF1 and FF2 on the PSone but I bought these anyway just because :lol:

Let's see, lately, I've been playing LA Noire, which was an amazing game until Arson Desk, then it got really stupid. Also played a bit of Resonance of Fate . Really weird strategy RPG which I'm still not sure I like. :lol: And if anyone has a PS3, you should get inFamous 2 because it's easily the best game so far this year.

Bump for the onslaught of new releases that are upon us in a few weeks.

Got Portal for free off Steam a week or so ago. Really amazing game, but my sister's laptop just couldn't run the last level. :lol: She deleted it because it apparently fucked up her laptop bad, so I'll have to youtube the last leve and ending before I start Portal 2 singleplayer. Co-op in that game is just so damn fun though. :lol:

Kingdom Hearts : Birth By Sleep is a fantastic game, and it gave me a reason to actually use my PSP again, but the ending for Ven's story was really unsatisfying. That's the only story I played through which is maybe why it seemed that way. Need to play this more.

Dead Island is a massive disappointment and should not be bought by anyone anytime soon. Just a warning : THE GAME DOESN'T ALWAYS AUTOSAVE, which is a massive pain because there are NO MANUAL SAVE OPTIONS. On top of that, online freezes constantly. Last time I played it, it froze me three times in 15 minutes. After beating the game, I reloaded and started New Game + only to get an error message saying my save corrupted. 27 hours wasted. Not cool. It's a real shame too, because the gameplay is awesome. Still, if you're interested in this game DO NOT BUY UNTIL IT'S BEEN PATCHED.

DARK SOULS IN 9 DAYS.

That's all I got for now.

Right now I'm just waiting for the reboot of the first SSX game. It looks really good but I'm getting sick and tired of the new characters they keep on introducing. Also, the game better not have any influences from Blur, cause that game was irritating.