The Vinyl/Collector's Thread

Where do you guys buy most of your vinyl? I've started collecting and the local record store I go to is pretty solid, but there are some holes in their collection of metal. Not to mention, the price can get up there too.

Any online suggestions?

Hells headbangers. Nuclear war now!. Prophecy productions. Ominous Domain. Planet metal. Shadow Kingdom records.

I'll let the rest of the guys fill in more. And import vinyls are just expensive. If you want them, gotta bite the bullet. I paid $42 for my copy of Hour of 13 - 333 in its rarest color. :lol:

this looks like a great forum for me... i have about 5000 records. I'd say 1500 are metal... what's your "prize possesion"? and what are your "white whales"?

Picked up Suffocation - Pinnacle of Bedlam on Vinyl. The Limited Edition gatefold. My local record store had it for a reasonable price. Spinning it right now. Sounds great!

First metal vinyl purchase! :kickass:

544292_565444030156086_137178603_n.jpg

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Why is shipping from rise above records 18 euro for one record? Jesus fuck.

Either they ship their albums in a wooden box packed with silk linens, or they are just raping you on shipping.

Kind of like how the Limited Edition Vinyl of Soilwork's "The Living Infinite" is shown on the Nuclear Blast USA's site as only 18 dollars. Then when you check out, they charge 10 dollars for shipping. There is no fucking way it cost 10 dollars to ship that WITHIN THE US!

It was 18 by itself so 36 euro for one record. I just can't justify that, no matter how much I like Blood Ceremony. That puts a damper on me getting any on rise above stuff that's coming out soon and there's a lot of really awesome stuff. :( (New uncle acid, blood ceremony, purson, etc)

Also I think nuclear blast USA ships some things from Germany. Like the preorders they have up now, the shipping is six bucks for 1 vinyl, but if you get older releases, its ten for the first.

Ok. If it's being shipped from Germany, 10 bucks isn't that bad. Still seems a tad high, but not bad.

Also, I seen a Portal LP at my local record store. I'm pretty sure it was the same album posted a couple of pages ago. I haven't heard anything by Portal before, other than universal praise by just about everyone on here. Should I get it? What album is it?

Yes, which reminds me I still haven't picked up that vinyl myself. Would hate to miss is. I have seepia on pic disk, outre on bronze black swirl and their third album which I can't remember the title of at the moment in hard back book edition.

Since youve never heard them before, I would recommend listening to Portal first before picking up the vinyl...

Another note, NWN just said the new Antediluvian LP, Logos, is gonna be availble May 13th....They said theres a die hard version already available but cant find it on their site...Regardless, Im picking that shit up for sure.

Kafka, allthatisheavy has mind control in stock now. Several colors. It's gonna run you $40+ but atleast its not 50.