The Vinyl/Collector's Thread

Fuck yeah, 300 tacos. I could almost buy the legitimate sector of south america's economy with that.

Does anyone know if RIITIIR was pressed on black vinyl at all? I can't seem to find any, if it was. Here's my dilemma. I really fucking want this album on vinyl. But I really don't like black vinyls. I'm not sure of the pressing info so I can't be sure. Do I pay extra (like $15) to make sure of vinyl color, or take a chance and end up with boring unlimited pressing black?

Here's the pressings I have confirmed:
Bone/charcoal the us exclusive. I see this one most often
White/light blue euro I guess?
Copper German nuclear blast actually has this, just expensive.

Anyone have any idea?

Does anyone know if RIITIIR was pressed on black vinyl at all? I can't seem to find any, if it was. Here's my dilemma. I really fucking want this album on vinyl. But I really don't like black vinyls. I'm not sure of the pressing info so I can't be sure. Do I pay extra (like $15) to make sure of vinyl color, or take a chance and end up with boring unlimited pressing black?

Here's the pressings I have confirmed:
Bone/charcoal the us exclusive. I see this one most often
White/light blue euro I guess?
Copper German nuclear blast actually has this, just expensive.

Anyone have any idea?

Is that album as good as everyone says it is? I've listed to some of Enslaved's other material was was less than impressed. I have heard that they take some time to really appreciate though. Thoughts?

Frost and Eld are Enslaved's best. Vikingligr Veldi and their side of Hordanes Land are good too. everything after that is inconsistent and most of it isn't very good in my opinion. i vaguely remember Below the Lights and Isa to be okay. RIITIIR wasn't exciting but i've only heard it as background music and only once.

Is that album as good as everyone says it is? I've listed to some of Enslaved's other material was was less than impressed. I have heard that they take some time to really appreciate though. Thoughts?

RIITIIR is my favorite album by them. It's probably the least black metal and most progressive. Judging things I've seen you post, I can honestly say I think you'll really like it.

Edit: @ septichate all the album's you like are the ones I find blah. To each their own though, I don't really like Viking black metal.

Oh I got my circle of dead children album already. Willowtip decided to hook me up with the even mote limited colored version. Mustard and smoke marble. I really need to take a bunch of pictures of all my new vinyl.

anyone get the judas priest screaming for vengeance re-issue? My original is in perfect condition, but the cover is in bad shape. I know the cd came with a dvd of the us fest show. I would only by the record if it also came with the dvd...

RIITIIR is my favorite album by them. It's probably the least black metal and most progressive. Judging things I've seen you post, I can honestly say I think you'll really like it.

Edit: @ septichate all the album's you like are the ones I find blah. To each their own though, I don't really like Viking black metal.

Oh I got my circle of dead children album already. Willowtip decided to hook me up with the even mote limited colored version. Mustard and smoke marble. I really need to take a bunch of pictures of all my new vinyl.

Thanks Krow. I'll check it out. The vinyl of RIITIIR in on amazon for 20 bones, plus it comes with a free mp3 version of the album to slap onto my iPod.

Please do post pictures of your new vinyl. I also think I'm going to pickup that Circle of Dead Children vinyl as well. Listened to them yesterday and I dug it. Plus 8 bucks AND free shipping? Fuck yes.

I'm thinking RIITIIR was pressed on colored vinyl only. I'll know for sure on Friday though. Heh. Bought it from amazon and I have amazon prime which gives you free two day shipping on anything from amazon.

Also I'm not going to guarantee my result on that Circle of Dead Children vinyl. Found out it was pressed 250 of the color I got, 250 red, and 500 black. I actually bought the black and they apparently had the colored laying around.

Yeah its pretty awesome. Oh and I'm not sure if they tell you up front but you can upgrade to one day shipping on your orders for 3.99 an item if you're really impatient.

I'm thinking RIITIIR was pressed on colored vinyl only. I'll know for sure on Friday though. Heh. Bought it from amazon and I have amazon prime which gives you free two day shipping on anything from amazon

Yeah I'm pretty certain you're getting the charcoal splatter pressing. Likey aren't and plain black until a future pressing.

IMAG1794_zps32c0673d.jpg

Procession - To Reap Heavens Apart (Red, limited)

Bumped Forward due to page end

time for some vinyl release news because I'm bored.

All preorders and new releases:
Seasons of Mist - pictures are crappy but SoM only provides thumbnails

Anciients - Heart of Oak
34192.jpg

Limited brown dlp, limited to 500 copies. Available now.
Bought this one. This album is like Crack the Skye part 2.

Atheist Reissues - all limited to 500, preorders but cheap at 17.99 ea
34655.jpg

34656.jpg

34654.jpg

Septicflesh - Esoptron
Grey and Black available

Philip H. Anselmo & the Illegals - Walk Through Exits Only
Multiple versions + the rarest still available for preorder

Arckanum - Fenris Kindir
34287_1.jpg

Never been too big of a fan of Atheist...Meh...Still meaning to check out the new Arckanum, just havnt gotten around to it..Their last few didnt really make a lasting noteworthy impression...

Side note:
Back on black has some sick shit available. I never really liked this label, and I think my reasons were all kinda bullshit. I thought all they did was represses of shit, but turns out they got some of the goods.

Bolt Thrower - In Battle There Is No Law (Black/White/Grey Splatter)
This album is seriously one of my Opus' in metal, not sure if I can pass this up. Pretty much a must have.

They also have Withcfinder General's Death Penalty, Anaal Nathrakh's Vanitas, and Rainbow's Rising, as well as new the Orange Goblin and Cult of Luna.

Gonna keep my eye on this site from now on.