The Vinyl/Collector's Thread

Got my copy of Ghoul - Maniaxe today. It came with a comic book that tells the story of Ghoul slaughtering a Norwegian metal band that sings about trolls, has a keyboardist and a female backup singer. :lol: I promise you guys I'll post pics soon.

Got my In Flames vinyl on Saturday. Was pissed it took over a week to ship from fucking Illinois to Mid-Michigan. I'm glad I got it, but I won't be buying from that buyer on Amazon anymore. Should have only taken a day or two to get here.

Also, it ended up not being the clear edition of the vinyl either, which is kind of ok because I really like the 180 gram. Thick and sturdy as fuck.

I would have blown the fuck up if I didn't get the edition I paid for and got black. It's happened before. :lol:

I would have blown the fuck up if I didn't get the edition I paid for and got black. It's happened before. :lol:

It didn't specifically say what edition it was. It just said limited edition, 180 gram vinyl.

Although, 180 gram vinyl generally means it's black correct? I didn't know that at the time.

I know you don't care for plain black vinyl, but I think it still looks pretty sweet.

Anyway, next up for purchase is the New Soilwork album. Amazon has it for 25 bucks in dark blue.

Hey Kafka, have you received your copy of Mouths of Madness yet? The vinyl looks like absolute shit and I have a corner bend and a seam split. Hello disappointment.

And I mean the vinyl looks bad compared to what it was supposed to. Purple and black swirl? No, translucent purple with a little black in the middle.

Dude that sucks big time...I was suuuuuuper fucking bummed when my Ulcerate vinyl jacket was recieved bent, but the record was right. Hard to mess up clear lol

As soon as I get it Ill let you know. Im waiting on a few records actually. I guess its cause I live on the west coast, shit takes longer to get.

From Mitochondrion's Facebook page.

A small batch of Mitochondrion 'Constriction/Release' (aka Plague Evockation) prints have just come in from D.B. Think Tank and will be made available in the shop this evening.

Limited edition of 100 signed and numbered copies. Each silk-screened print is approximately A2 size (420x594mm | 16.5"x23.3"), black ink on 100lb off-white stock. Printing courtesy of Vault Of Dried Bones.

www.badnewsbrown.bigcartel.com
www.mitochondrion.ca
www.vaultofdriedbones.com
www.dbthinktank.com

Might have to pick this one up. I already have a poster of this that came with the Vinyl, but fuck man, I love his artwork.

Uncle Acid vinyl came in today, fucking awesome! First white vinyl, looks sweet.

null_zps3a12bc08.jpg

null_zpse82db358.jpg

null_zps7f5cdf5f.jpg

just picked up a votnut s/t 7'' #443/500 , and witch-s/t in green vinyl limited to 300, beginning vinyl collecting...some of you guys have some really kickass shit there

Bought that Witch vinyl myself. Didn't even expect it to be colored. The marbled green looks really cool.

It does look awesome. The guy i got it from did open to verify color. I had to take another peek. Didnt look marbled in the picture i saw, nice suprise.

What bugs me the most about picture disks is a lot of the time, you just get the disk in a poly bag. No cover. Feels cheap. For some reason, metal blade releases all of amon amarth's vinyl that way.

Was a poser and bought The Black Dahlia Murder - Nocturnal on vinyl today. Not my favorite band but they hold one of those rare spots in my heart for being one of the first extreme metal bands I ever heard. Might actually buy their new one on, Everblack on vinyl too. Looks pretty awesome (artwork wise and vinyl wise.)