The Vinyl/Collector's Thread

Hell to the motherfucking yes....

Mortal Throne Of Nazarene being released by Hells Headbangers on 12" Gatefold LP on Black Vinyl, Colored Vinyl and Picture Disc with a poster)

http://shop-hellsheadbangers.com/item.asp?PID=23844

HELLSLP104.jpg

This will go nicely with my Diabolical Conquest LP.

Then if they release Onward to Golgotha i will be fucking set with 3 of the most bad-ass DM albums ever on vinyl.

I actually considered that, but ehh decided against it. For my melodeath vinyl fix I'm probably going to go with the black dahlia murder - everblack.

Hey Kafka, got some news on Kadavar. I asked them on their Facebook and they weren't sure and nuclearblast hasn't replied to my email but suddenly the Kadavar preorder says they'll start shipping the week of the 20th.

A delay is fine but you would THINK the label would have sent an email to the preorder customers or something.

That incantation album is gonna be a sick picture disk...Might have to pick that one up...

Krow, I've found a lot of labels don't update their customers a out delays in preorders...I was waiti g for my Imperium Dekadenz vinyl to arrive for months until I asked when the fuck they would be a available...And they didn't even know! Lol

Just found out doooomed is having a 2 day sale, started yesterday, so today's last day... %15off new items and %35 off clearance items....Some sick deals.

Edit: never doing long posts on my phone again...

Yep original pressing on double swamp green marble. Noticed they had it a while back and couldn't pass it up for under twenty.

And I finally get my Kadavar order confirmation!

I've been holding out and have only listened to one preview song so far so this needs to get here.

Yep original pressing on double swamp green marble. Noticed they had it a while back and couldn't pass it up for under twenty.

Nice!

Anyone know of any solid distros for the States that have a solid prog rock / experimental and psychedelic selection?

Allthatisheavy and doooomed are my best bets for that stuff. Both do imports and are gonna run you $35+ on an import and have extremely limited quantities but they're all I've found.

Couple pics inbound - lol @ my phone not uploading these right. Oh well. Craaaazy angles.

2ywx2iq.jpg

2whmhsm.jpg

2zzkriv.jpg

New releases from The Crypt / Dark Descent

Phlebotomized - Preach Eternal Gospels 2LP (Purple)

Phlebotomized%20%20-%20Preach%20Eternal%20Gospels%20Purple.jpg

Sigh - Imaginary Soniscape 3LP (Marble)

Sigh%20-%20Imaginary%20Soniscape%20Marble.jpg

Just ordered both... fucking shipping costs my god.

That sigh vinyl looks fucking epic.

Both of those are fucking amazing :kickass:

New Antediluvian LP finally available on NWN!

Got the die hard vinyl, shipped for $30. Stoked as fuck for this one, probably has a little to do with u resolved feelings of being fucked outta my last Antediluvian die hard package. :(

Say, I'm looking to get into vinyl, but have no clue where to begin ... Was looking at turntables on amazon and got confused ... do they make turntables that have headphone jacks so you don't need to pipe it through a stereo? It sounded like if you do use a stereo, it has to have a phono input, otherwise the sound is too low? Or something?

And what's the best distro for buying LPs from?
Any mandatory releases I would need to buy?
Is it really that much of a difference between CDs and mp3s?
Right now, I'm still kind of in love with the Pallbearer release, and want to hear it on vinyl.

Say, I'm looking to get into vinyl, but have no clue where to begin ... Was looking at turntables on amazon and got confused ... do they make turntables that have headphone jacks so you don't need to pipe it through a stereo? It sounded like if you do use a stereo, it has to have a phono input, otherwise the sound is too low? Or something?

I bought this turntable and it works great:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002GYTPAE/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

This turntable has a built in pre-amp with a phono and line setting. Unless the stereo you are connecting the has a phono input, you are going to want to use line in all other cases as it sends a much stronger signal. I have my turntable going through the aux input of my stereo and it sounds great.

And what's the best distro for buying LPs from?
Any mandatory releases I would need to buy?
Is it really that much of a difference between CDs and mp3s?
Right now, I'm still kind of in love with the Pallbearer release, and want to hear it on vinyl

As of late, I've been trying to buy as much as I can on vinyl. It just looks sweet and the huge artwork and discs are something to behold. Audio is often mastered differenlty for vinyl releases so in that regard it's cool to hear the different mastering. I can't say if you'll perfer one or the other, but you can buy a release and give it try.

Lots of times a vinyl purchase comes with a free mp3 version of the album, and if it doesn't you can buy software and a device to rip vinyl to your computer. I have one and it workes pretty well.

A few pages back I know Krow and Kafka listed some distros. I've bought from amazon, willowtip, record label sites and a local record store in my area that has tons of vinyl. You can find it just about anywhere it seems.

One word; Discogs

This is the best website ever. Just load up your wishlist and you will get daily e-mails when new records are added for sale... it's the fucking best.

Other than that, The Crypt, Hells Headbangers, Dark Descent, Nuclear War Now, Hellthrasher Productions, Blood Harvest Records.