The Vinyl/Collector's Thread

Man I've been eyeballing that Archgoat since I saw its release info on the nwn forums. My Swarth is a first pressed case wrapped version but it wasn't made well and the booklet is falling out. May get the reissue.

Will be posting a new crop later. But where do yall get the cool splatters and stuff? Does it kinda just pop up here and there or is there a site i can go to catering exclusively to colorphiliacs?

Almost always, the cool versions come from the releases label themselves or certain distros that buy copies of the limited editions.

My label recommendations are

Hells Headbangers
Nuclear War Now
20 Buck Spin

Lol only people that are full of shit believe that. Only picture discs sound worse because of what they are.

Lol only people that are full of shit believe that. Only picture discs sound worse because of what they are.

Wait you're right, my mistake, it's picture discs that sound worse.
Coloured vinyl is just less durable than black.

(I'm not a sound system fetishist.)

Yeah i've heard people claim the same thing but some of my "quitest" vinyls are colored ... same goes for a lot of my black ones(even some originals). But the ones that sound the worst from my collection are a few of the newer black vinyls.

Will be posting a new crop later. But where do yall get the cool splatters and stuff? Does it kinda just pop up here and there or is there a site i can go to catering exclusively to colorphiliacs?

No exclusive site I know of that caters just to colored vinyl, but chances are if a record is being pressed there will be a color alternative.

So just stay up to date with your favorite bands/labels by Facebook or just checking out their online stores.

Hey Kaf, did you know there's a new Glowsun out? Pretty sure you're the guy that's big on them. I had no idea until I was browsing Amazon's metal preorders they even had one coming out. . I blind grabbed a cd. Looks like it was released by napalm records.

Drunk purchased some vinyl over the weekend.

I can't really afford them but fuck it, too late now

Varathron - His Majesty At the Swamp - dark green
Archgoat - The Light Devouring Darkness - red w/ black splatter
Blut Aus Nord - 777 The Desanctification - Blue with black splatter
Year of the Goat - Angel's Necropolis

And a cd on the original The Chasm demo (a bootleg I'm sure)

CAM01855.jpg

CAM01853.jpg

CAM01859.jpg

CAM01861.jpg

CAM01862.jpg

Hold for something that isn't awesome music,... but is a gorgeous record. Also that sleep cover is what you think it is, didnt wanna take the extra pics.

Anyone wanna post up cool art/posters?

I finally just got around to getting a frame for this guy:
344786CC-6126-437D-ABEB-7CBAC1F10532_zpsfqf9nm3p.jpg

Gonna surround it in fresh weed leaves, it's gonna look awesome.

I have a few others that are pretty cool, they just aren't framed yet. Ill post em once they are.

Thanks dude. Not a lot of soundtrack/ spoken word fans around, which is cool, because I get that shit hella cheap.

Definitely a big fan, funnily enough most of my soundtracks are on cassette, but that haul of yours has me excited to go find some OST on wax, I have some stuff like Death Wish, Rambo: First Blood, War of the Worlds, Lord of the Rings, Zombie 2, The Wickerman and my prized possessions; Clash of the Titans (the old film) and Conan The Barbarian.

I didn't even know there was a Masters of the Universe OST.